GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2016 GTI ECU Tune Stage 1 APR

Yppf77

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Hello guys,

So I picked up a new 2016 GTI SE DSG about 2 months back and have loved the car since day one. About three weeks ago I installed the APR intake into the car and was interested in getting the Stage 1 ECU done. When I went to the shop that tunes around me I was surprised to find out that there is actually no stage 1 released for the 2016 and this goes the same for some 2015's. They gave me the option of sending out the ECU to APR for them to try to tune it and I would receive half off the tune because I would be the first 2016 they do but I can't have my car down for about a week due to work. Just curious do you guys know how long it usually takes for APR to release a new tune for these cars and when should we be expecting to see a release!

Thanks for the replies in advance!!!!

themyst

Ready to race!
Hello guys,

So I picked up a new 2016 GTI SE DSG about 2 months back and have loved the car since day one. About three weeks ago I installed the APR intake into the car and was interested in getting the Stage 1 ECU done. When I went to the shop that tunes around me I was surprised to find out that there is actually no stage 1 released for the 2016 and this goes the same for some 2015's. They gave me the option of sending out the ECU to APR for them to try to tune it and I would receive half off the tune because I would be the first 2016 they do but I can't have my car down for about a week due to work. Just curious do you guys know how long it usually takes for APR to release a new tune for these cars and when should we be expecting to see a release!

Only tuner who can do a MY16 is GIAC as far as I know, and you have to send the ECU in. Otherwise, your only options are JB1/NPM.

EVOX_SPEED3

Passed Driver's Ed
Welcome to the club of "Eternal Waiting" bro.

There are a whole bunch of us with the "There isn't a Tune for the 2016's yet" journey:) Makes me wish I had a 2015 instead. Hang in there, or get the JB1 in the mean time. It's much better than stock, but not as powerful as a Full tune (for now anyway, till the JB4 comes out). Plus George Smooth the JB1 Rep is awesome with support, and probably making a killing lately with all the sales of JB1 hardware.

Hello guys,

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
A little birdie told me that APR is very close to release right now for the 2016s earlier today... hold in there :D.

(oz)

Passed Driver's Ed
A little birdie told me that APR is very close to release right now for the 2016s earlier today... hold in there :D.

Excellent news... :)

Storch

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
23 GTI 40th

my service dept (apr dealer) told me program switching was a month away 3 months ago...still waiting :mad:

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
my service dept (apr dealer) told me program switching was a month away 3 months ago...still waiting :mad:

There won't be program switching for the MK7 because its not needed. From the factory your ECU is able to measure the octane and ethanol levels in your fuel and adjust the timing accordingly to make more power. APR apparently just figured out how to take advantage of this system and apply this into their tunes and revisions that will be released soon :). Basically you can change the fuels on the fly and you won't have to touch a thing.

Yppf77

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Thanks for the replies guys, I really hope something comes out soon I'm ready for more power! Haha

805mk7gti

Ready to race!
I hear they have to open the 16 ECU's the first time..seal them back up, etc... :( glad my 15 doesn't have to be open

GIAC you have to send them your ecu so not sure if it's just a bench flash or if they actually have to open the ecu.

According to Arin from Apr the flash for the 16's will be done via the obd2 port just like the 15's.

Yppf77

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
I spoke to APR today and they told me they are still in the early stages of stage 1 for the 2016. Hopefully this doesn't take that long!