GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Center trim got me - poll

Did you/do you have sharp edges on your shifter trim?

• I've looked and everything is good

Votes: 58 65.2%
  • I've looked and I have sharp edges but no injury yet

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I've been injured by the sharp edge but have not reported it

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • I've been injured by the sharp trim and I have reported it

Votes: 10 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Better pictures and a better explanation of what the issue is here and cause? Sorry the op seems kinda vague. I know about the start button. Havent heard of this one yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a search last night on “mk7 gti shifter surround trim” and you’ll see it.

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
Totally capable of doing searches. Whats the point making a post without some basic information? Its called communication. Is google everyones cop out to everything?

CB’s initial post literally states exactly where to look. If that is too vague, that comes down to comprehension.

cb1111

Totally capable of doing searches. Whats the point making a post without some basic information? Its called communication. Is google everyones cop out to everything?

joesid

Go Kart Newbie
This is where mine sliced me, it can be anywhere along that lip. Mine is creased because I used a quarter and tried to bend the razor sharp edge back down.

Can someone provide a picture so I can check exactly what the issue is... I have never been cut, but that isn't to say there isn't something sharp i'm missing.

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
Wait. This is a real thing?! LOL
Never happened to me, and won’t because when I got my SportShifters custom shifter it came with a new boot and new trim piece

KlipZ

Ready to race!
So i finally took my car in for its 30k server (2016 Autobahn) and mentioned I wanted this resolved. They called me back with a $220 estimate. Aren't people getting this covered from VW? If so, who do i need to contact? This piece has sliced my hand open twice and i'll be damned if I pay a single penny to fix something that is clearly a manufacturer defect.

relive

Ready to race!
So i finally took my car in for its 30k server (2016 Autobahn) and mentioned I wanted this resolved. They called me back with a $220 estimate. Aren't people getting this covered from VW? If so, who do i need to contact? This piece has sliced my hand open twice and i'll be damned if I pay a single penny to fix something that is clearly a manufacturer defect.

My dealership goodwilled it for me, but it should definitely be covered under your bumper to bumper warranty if you're still within 3 years. Mine wasn't even that sharp and hasn't sliced me, but they didn't give me any hassle when I asked for it to be replaced. Give VWoA a call and see if they will play ball.

If you have to end up eating the cost, just order the part and replacing it yourself. It's an easy 10 minute job.

https://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen_2...-Shift-Lever-Knob/52645869/5G1713203KXPR.html