GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P2563 and P00AF CTS Boss 600

Inigo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf R
Replaced the wastegate actuator.....no change.

VDCS reads "4.7" volts which means the rod nearly fully closed or pushed in. The issue is that at 4.7 volts, the flapper is not fully closed. When I pull the rod "out" the voltage decreases but the flapper opens.

This means that i would need to tighten the or "shorten" the overall length of the rod.

Should the flapper be completely closed at 3.6 volts? Meaning no play, wastegate completely closed.

How do you "adjust" the wastegate if it always "sucks" back to default mechanical position which is like 4.7 volts in my case.

Inigo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf R
Yes I did. I matched the height from the old actuator. I think I have to tighten or shorten the rod. The waste gate should be closed at idle. Its slightly open right now with the waste gate at resting position with the car on.

Inigo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf R
Update posted in first page

I preloaded the wastegate at 3.540 volts. I could get it closer to 3.6 but adaptation passed or "finished successfully".

Inigo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf R
Great. So all good now?

All is right with the car now. I am taking it in on Tuesday to have the tune checked. I also want to make sure the shop did not set boost to high. I ran out of fuel at 26 PSI. If they set it at 26 PSI, there is no room for error/overboost. I'd rather have it set to 24 PSI.

SEBUCHA

Could you solve the problem? I have the same faults with Boss500 V1, is your boss600 v1?

I found on the web of cts an actuliazacion kit to V2, but says that I have to send the turbo and I am from Argentina, see if they send it to me so I can modify it,

I can not find a solution

Inigo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf R
Could you solve the problem? I have the same faults with Boss500 V1, is your boss600 v1?

I found on the web of cts an actuliazacion kit to V2, but says that I have to send the turbo and I am from Argentina, see if they send it to me so I can modify it,

I can not find a solution

I did solve my issue. Can you describe your issue? I just needed to replace my wastegate actuator and then adjust it accordingly. Regarding the binding, I lubricated the wastegate flapper arm from inside the turbo housing but in reality, the wastegate never has the opportunity to open far enough to create a binding condition.

Last edited:

SEBUCHA

I did solve my issue. Can you describe your issue? I just needed to replace my wastegate actuator and then adjust it accordingly. Regarding the binding, I lubricated the wastegate flapper arm from inside the turbo housing but in reality, the wastegate never has the opportunity to open far enough to create a binding condition.

I have same fault codes, Is Your Boss600 V1 or V2 ? I have Boss500 V1 with is38 Wastegate,

5227 - Actuator Module for Turbocharger 1
P00AF 00 [232] - Stuck
MIL ON - Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 4
Mileage: 19114 km
Date: 2019.02.04
Time: 20:12:58

Engine speed: 6604.50 /min
Normed load value: 72.9 %
Vehicle speed: 125 km/h
Coolant temperature: 92 °C
Intake air temperature: 33 °C
Ambient air pressure: 960 mbar
Voltage terminal 30: 13.515 V
Unlearning counter according OBD: 40
Status of charge air pressure control valve basic setting-LV_BPA_AD_REQ[0]: 00000000
Charge air pressure control valve uncond voltage sensor: 3.1494 V
Charge air pressure control valve position: target value: 1.81 %
Charge air pressure control valve position: actual value: 15.79 %
Charge air pressure control valve activation pulse duty factor: -98.85 %
Charge air pressure control valve voltage: position closed: 3.7451 V
STATE_BPA[0]: OPM