GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Ed,

Do you plan on offering any thing like decals or license plate frames, either separately or with the purchase of tunes?

I'm not one to really run with stickers all over or any sort of advertising on the car, but you do great work and I think a lot of your customers here would be more than happy to rep your work.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
diggs, where does the other end go? i have to look at my LPFP connector again. i couldn't make it out from the photo. did you splice into a certain wire. used a pin on the connector? thanks.

That big yellow wire is the negative off the pump (oversized vs the dinky little OEM one). Normally it would go to the ECU with the rest of those wires. On the blue connector it has a - sign.

EDIT: I did not need to do this on my car. It runs E70+ just fine.

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie
That big yellow wire is the negative off the pump (oversized vs the dinky little OEM one). Normally it would go to the ECU with the rest of those wires. On the blue connector it has a - sign.

i took a look, my pump top is green (R) your pic is blue (gti's) the connector layout is not the same. i have 2 connectors. (probably because i have a saddle tank?
so on an R i would still look for the A (minus) sign and would be OK? i dont want to short something out. I will check the voltages first.

edit: searched forum cannot find where you got the info. links? thanks.
2nd edit: as flipflip said this may not be the right forum to post this. can you please message me? thanks!! sorry to Ed didnt mean to cloud up your thread.

Last edited:

Petey T

Go Kart Champion
Do any of the base tunes with an Accessport get rid of a CEL from a catless downpipe?

GhostGTI2

Ready to race!
Ed, I think this thread is great. Just wanted to toss out a suggestion to maybe adjust it as FAQ and Q&A thread.

If the OP could have all the FAQ's pre-loaded, it could help reduce the repeat questions and allow focused Q&A as the thread lives on.

I'm sure you know the FAQ's by now, but I imagine a few might be:

What's the average turn around time?
Will the OTS tune removed my CEL?
Are fueling upgrades needed?
What can you tune (ECU and TCU)?
How do I purchase credits?
Upgrade options from OTS to Pro-tune?

You could even lead it off with your "About Custom E-Tuning" and "How it Works" sections from your website: https://eqtuning.com/collections/vw-audi/products/eqt-custom-e-tune-mk7-gti-golf-r-1

End goal, less inundation for you while keeping the basic answers from showing up every two or three pages.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Ed, I think this thread is great. Just wanted to toss out a suggestion to maybe adjust it as FAQ and Q&A thread.

If the OP could have all the FAQ's pre-loaded, it could help reduce the repeat questions and allow focused Q&A as the thread lives on.

I'm sure you know the FAQ's by now, but I imagine a few might be:

What's the average turn around time?
Will the OTS tune removed my CEL?
Are fueling upgrades needed?
What can you tune (ECU and TCU)?
How do I purchase credits?
Upgrade options from OTS to Pro-tune?

You could even lead it off with your "About Custom E-Tuning" and "How it Works" sections from your website: https://eqtuning.com/collections/vw-audi/products/eqt-custom-e-tune-mk7-gti-golf-r-1

End goal, less inundation for you while keeping the basic answers from showing up every two or three pages.

Definitely a great suggestion. I’ll try to set aside some time to put these together, but I’ve been really busy keeping up with the orders lately. If anyone wants to help out and put together some preliminary list items like you did, send it over and I’ll try to fill it out and add to the post.

Thanks
— Ed

GolfR17

Passed Driver's Ed
So I’m curious about ur previous post Ed about possibly getting money off on a Custom E Tune if you already purchased a base map tune. Is that a possibility still or something your willing to do? Thanks

xxbreezewoodxx

Passed Driver's Ed
Will the base tune be better than the Cobb High TQ 93 tune? I’m going to buy the base tune on Saturday how quickly will I receive that map?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
So I’m curious about ur previous post Ed about possibly getting money off on a Custom E Tune if you already purchased a base map tune. Is that a possibility still or something your willing to do? Thanks

If the setup is the same, you'll get a $50 credit when ordering an e-tune.

Thanks
-- Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Will the base tune be better than the Cobb High TQ 93 tune? I’m going to the the base tune on Saturday how quickly will I receive that map?

Yes :)

I usually get files out within 1-2 business days of receiving an order.

-- Ed

AlienSP

Ready to race!
The OTS MAP Stg2 was considered better than the Cobb 93 tune. I never ran the Cobb 93, but the EQT base map was slightly faster on a 3rd gear pull from 2500-6500rpm than MAPs Stg 2 93. Currently waiting on new plugs for an e-tune through Ed.

xxbreezewoodxx

Passed Driver's Ed
The OTS MAP Stg2 was considered better than the Cobb 93 tune. I never ran the Cobb 93, but the EQT base map was slightly faster on a 3rd gear pull from 2500-6500rpm than MAPs Stg 2 93. Currently waiting on new plugs for an e-tune through Ed.

Thank you!! I hope so , I just removed a JB4 on Map 2 and it put the OTS Cobb map to shame. EQT here I come.

GolfRProject

Ed, please reply to my PM