Hellcats Break

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
O....U....C.....H

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
When I read some Hellcat owners got into the 9's I had to laugh. People were doing 9 flat with daily drivers in the 60's.

SRTie4k

Ready to race!
When I read some Hellcat owners got into the 9's I had to laugh. People were doing 9 flat with daily drivers in the 60's.

If you mean off the showroom floor, that is a complete load of shit. The best they had to offer in the 60's - the COPO cars, the Thunderbolts, Cobra Jet's, the Hemis - would run in the 11's with street bias ply tires. And nearly all of those were stripped out factory drag pack cars. And the only reason they were street legal was because there were barely any automotive regulations to begin with, nevermind the fact that they were essentially undriveable on the street (4.44 gears with a 4 speed auto? Street friendly my ass).

Don't get me wrong, I love classic muscle. I go to a myriad of car shows and nostalgia drag races every year. But to call the drag specials from the 60's "daily drivers" and try to directly compare them to a modern road car with a ludicrous engine is downright laughable...and pointless really.