GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Talk me out of leaving VW

canadian1

did not read everyones answers...

-stick to 17 on the gti, easier in less than perfect road
-need more room for loading: get a trailer hitch and a small trailer

relatively cheap ideas!

okay: just read everythiing, i am late to the party... have fun with the rabbit!

Last edited:

amzx

So most wont care, but the MK1 came true because the 7 is gone. I know have what I really wanted and my son and I are having a blast.

Hope all had a Merry Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a super win all around in my book. You’ve got it all: the utility of a truck, the project car, and best of the best... a shared interest with your son!

Random side note: I went the opposite direction on the swap. I had a 2015 F-150 3.5Eco Lariat and I. LOVED. THAT. TRUCK. 100% never regretted a moment of driving it, even in traffic-ridden SoCal, and I miss it every darned day. The ONLY reason I switched to a 2015 GSW TDI is because the equity of the truck at 0% interest allowed me to straight across purchase the GWS in cash and put a lot of money in my pocket. I couldn’t say no to the 45+mpg, and no car payments is icing now that we have a tiny human and are house hunting. Hubby and I were heavy hearted to do the trade, but I promised to get another truck as soon as a garage space opens up at the new house and funds allow for a replacement.

Here’s to many miles and unlimited smiles for you... hope you love yours as much as we did!

NickC

Ready to race!
This is a super win all around in my book. You’ve got it all: the utility of a truck, the project car, and best of the best... a shared interest with your son!

Random side note: I went the opposite direction on the swap. I had a 2015 F-150 3.5Eco Lariat and I. LOVED. THAT. TRUCK. 100% never regretted a moment of driving it, even in traffic-ridden SoCal, and I miss it every darned day. The ONLY reason I switched to a 2015 GSW TDI is because the equity of the truck at 0% interest allowed me to straight across purchase the GWS in cash and put a lot of money in my pocket. I couldn’t say no to the 45+mpg, and no car payments is icing now that we have a tiny human and are house hunting. Hubby and I were heavy hearted to do the trade, but I promised to get another truck as soon as a garage space opens up at the new house and funds allow for a replacement.

Here’s to many miles and unlimited smiles for you... hope you love yours as much as we did!

Thanks for the awesome response!

Towerworld

Passed Driver's Ed
So I have been a VW guy for years, love my MK7. Recently purchased a house farther from work in a more rural area, and the roads can get bad in the winter. There have been many times that I have really needed a truck because things just don't quite fit in a hatch. Started looking at trucks, the F150 ecoboost really fits the bill but I can't afford to have an extra car payment, so it means trading the GTI in. The plan is and has been to eventually buy an aircooled VW or MK1 project to restore and go to shows.

Talk me out of trading in the MK7 GTI on an Ecoboost.

Anyone here own an EcoBoost? How do you like it? Would you daily it over your MK7?
Well I live in Canada and we get way more snowfall than you guys in kentucky, never felt inadequate with my FWD's as long as I had snow tires. Now I have AWD with the Golf R and its more fun in winter honestly than summer. A truck can fit all the junk easily but it will have more road noise,have worse fuel economy, has a lower quality interior most likely and it drives like garbaggio in comparison.
As for cargo, its more trouble but if you really wanted to keep golf you could get a hitch and trailer or cargo carrier I suppose. Another option is Golf Alltrack