GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vogtland springs?

eriknorcal

Ready to race!
GTI sport w/1500 miles here.. Looking for moar low, coilovers are out of the question.

My local dub tuner is strongly recommending Vogtland springs. 30mm drop. They sell them for $210 which seems like a bargain.

Anyone have experience with Vogtland products? I've searched high and low and can't really find reviews for their springs on the mk7.

Elwood

3-7-77
After a horrible experience with an H&R Cup Kit on my 2007 GTI, I installed Vogtland springs and Bilstein Sports. It was perfect. No complaints about any part of that ride.

SouthSideGti

Ready to race!
Dont hesitate to buy the springs. I've been on the Vogtland coilover package for 2+ years and they still feel amazing.

eriknorcal

Ready to race!
After a horrible experience with an H&R Cup Kit on my 2007 GTI, I installed Vogtland springs and Bilstein Sports. It was perfect. No complaints about any part of that ride.

Dont hesitate to buy the springs. I've been on the Vogtland coilover package for 2+ years and they still feel amazing.

Thanks!

The few things I've heard have been positive. I plan on running my stock struts and shocks for a while, then eventually going to the Koni yellows.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance

Attachments

• 956147.jpg
    956147.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 2,284

Cptnjosh

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Sport
I ran Vogtland progressive springs on a Mk2 GTI 16v. No complaints at all. They make a good product and have been around for a while.

MusicMan

Hey just to kind of refresh this a bit, since I bought these springs with the B8 Dampers, this is the ride height for my 2015 GTI SE. I do have quite a bit of mods on the car, but the weight shouldn't be dramatically different. This set is manufacturer number 956156 for multilink rear axle. My observations so far is that the ride is firmer than stock but still comfortable. The drop is perfect, plenty of ground clearance still and it doesn't bottom out. It's comfortable on the highway and tightens up in turns. Only downside for me is that it doesn't have as much road-feel as I would like... it's not as 'firm' as I would like to have it and, coming from stock shocks & vwr springs, I feel that with the adjustable rear sway bar that I have it isn't as 'snappy' as it was, and it seems to have some amount of 'lag' when letting off throttle in corners that I didn't seem to get with the VWR springs. It doesn't feel as sharp in that regard, but when driving on the highway or on initial turn in it is very sharp and it doesn't feel like the body rolls nearly as much as the VWR springs did. If you mostly just want a decent ride with a good drop that's predictable then this is a good setup for a daily driver. Personally, I'm going to try some different springs (probably the neuspeed race) and see if that gives me more of what I want. Also, I could be wrong about the apparent stiffness, it may be pretty stiff but I can't seem to find any information on what the springrate is. Only way would be to do a side-by-side with something like the eibach sportline or neuspeed race springs.

Attachments

• photo_2021-04-25_15-27-00.jpg
    photo_2021-04-25_15-27-00.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 401
  • photo_2021-04-25_15-26-58.jpg
    photo_2021-04-25_15-26-58.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 476
  • photo_2021-04-25_15-26-56.jpg
    photo_2021-04-25_15-26-56.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 466
  • photo_2021-04-25_15-34-36.jpg
    photo_2021-04-25_15-34-36.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:

MusicMan

Does anyone have any pictures of vogtland spring setup? How do they compare againt the VWR springs?
I just added some, compared to the VWR springs... this is my first time using a 'compound rate' / 'progressive rate' spring. I feel that it softens out bumps in the road but it tightens up nicely in turns. VWR springs were predictable in that the car would always move / sway / lean consistently due to the linear nature of the spring, but it never felt as 'sporty' as I would have liked. It always leaned more than I wanted it to, and after reading through recent posts, it is apparently 'soft', for a spring. Compared to the vogtland springs, the spring thickness (diameter of the actual spun metal) is thinner than the vogtland springs. I had situations where I would bottom the car out with the VWR springs... even have scratches on my oil pan and belly pan from it. Also, the rear was ever so slightly higher than the front, which always bothered me. Not only that, but after using the VWR springs for about 5ish years... the stock shocks were 100% ruined. Very easy to compress and slow to rebound. I would say that if you want to use the stock shocks, you would be fine for like a year or two, but if you don't plan to replace the struts / shocks at all then I wouldn't put anything lower than a 1 inch drop lowering spring on the car. If I had to do it again, I would probably do it properly and replace the shocks & springs at the same time instead of running with JUST the VWR's for 5 years.

MusicMan

Here are the official spring rates per Vogtland:
"Hi, The spring rates are 22-37 N/mm front and 24-40N/mm rear. That translates to 125-211 lbs front and 137-228 lbs rear."

SouthSideGti

Ready to race!
What are the spring rates on them.
I believe they are 30% compression rated but the website doesnt state. Or are you looking for the drop amount?