GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best place for first oil change in OC?

gtinewbie1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey,

My 2018 GTI is up for its first oil change. Long over due. I am just hitting 4500 miles and had it close to a year. I work pretty close so I don’t put many miles on it. Oil notice light came on weeks ago.

So what is the best course of action. Take to the dealership or local jiffy lube?

Any places in orange county anyone suggest to take it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

david9962000

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Dealer, Jiffy lube will not use an oem filter and they will note an oil change on your CarFax, VW may not like that in case of a warranty claim.

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
Metric in Huntington or Emmanuele Design in Anaheim. Both great shops. I would def not go to Jiffy lube

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
+1 for Metric Autosport

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Lol...I did my first oil change at 7000 miles.

You can give Four Season Tuning a try.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I'll second EMD Auto (Emmanuele Design) and add AU Tuning.

That said, I've never enjoyed changing oil more than I do on my car. It's so damn easy.

I buy a Motul oil change kit from DAP (https://www.shopdap.com/make-model-...ts/vw-mk7-gti-golfr-motul-oil-change-kit.html).

Get the car in the air, big flat head screw driver pulls the plug, drain into a 16qt container I got from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0171QLC4S).

While that's happening I use the 32mm socket I got from DAP (https://www.shopdap.com/mk7-gti-oil-filter-housing-socket.html) to pull the cartridge, swap that and the housing o-ring (included in the oil change kit) and tighten that back down.

New plug installed in the pan, come back up top and put in 5.5 liters, get the car on the ground and reset the service minder. Warm the car, check the level, done. I can do that in 30 minutes, tops.

You'll spend a little bit up front getting the tools to do it, but it pays for itself and you know things got done right.

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
Metric Autosport in HB uses Motul, if you care about using Motul or not.

short driving while great for resale value, is more stressful on the engine oil, thus the engine.

Pacific German1

Ready to race!
We are also in South Orange County and offer full service (factory filter, Torco, Castrol, or Liqui Moly Oils) along with repairs and tuning.

Specials available for Golf MK7 Members :cool:

Welsh_GTI

We are also in South Orange County and offer full service (factory filter, Torco, Castrol, or Liqui Moly Oils) along with repairs and tuning.

Specials available for Golf MK7 Members :cool:

I just moved to South OC and I’m due an oil change too. What’s the mk7 forum discount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk