GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$28 for an oil filter?

Squishy

Ready to race!
So Canadian VW dealers now charge $28 for an oil filter for a mk7 GTI. That's twice as much as it cost last time I bought a filter from them, half a year ago. Apparently the filter was redesigned this year to handle a new type of oil or something, and that necessitates the higher price according to the guy at the parts desk.

Does anyone know where I can buy a reasonably priced filter for my GTI? Canadian Tire doesn't carry an oil filter for a mk7 and neither does Walmart.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
I bought an oil filter for $26 from the dealer just 2 days ago. It really surprised me because the ones for my MKV were only $15-17.

Last edited:

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
I as well just bought a $28 oil filter from the dealer. I was floored. I even have an old receipt showing that the last time I bought one it only cost $14.99.

The part number for the new one has a "-B" at the end. Otherwise the part numbers are the same.

Squishy

Ready to race!
Ok I did some googling and Rock Auto sells the WIX WL10024 filter for $6.30. Shipping is $8 but you can just buy several filters at once. This is what I'm gonna buy next time.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
What a ripoff. Just got my kit from fcp euro with oil and filter. Mann filter was 9 and change

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk