GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Autobahn or SE?

DucatiSSsp

Passed Driver's Ed
Any reason to not take the 2018 Autobahn over the SE? 2018 SE does not have the Fender sound system, so i am getting the upgrade as a replacement for my 2017 SE from VW.
Usually my thought process is "the more accessories a vehicle has, the more $$ you spend when something breaks"! But w/ the 6 year 72k warranty, I'll prolly drive it hard for 5.75 years or 70k miles and sell w/ remaining warranty as a enticement for the buyer.

Kudos to VW for replacing my 2017 SE which had a heart attack at a very early age!!

Nappy216

Ready to race!
Just went to the VW site but 2018 GTI's aren't listed. So.. not sure about the exact diff between Autoban and SE.

For MY2017 I choose the Autoban over SE for DCC and the 12 way driver seat. Both had the Fender Audio system , which sounds great BTY.

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
Reasons for wanting Autobahn:

-Dynamic chassis control
-Adaptive cruise control
-Dual-zone climate control
-High beam control
-12-way power driver seat with power lumbar
-Premium audio

You can find all the differences on the VW Media site. The order guide has also been posted in another thread. But they REALLY should update the main website.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Jumpy, beat me to the punch. Adaptive cruise control, dynamic chassis and dual zone would be so nice. I really like the Fender system. So my answer is absolutely no reason not to go for the Autobahn.

Subito

Ready to race!
Only reason I can think of is if you want cloth interior; Autobahn is leather only, SE is cloth or optional leather.

DucatiSSsp

Passed Driver's Ed
Reasons for wanting Autobahn:

-Dynamic chassis control
-Adaptive cruise control
-Dual-zone climate control
-High beam control
-12-way power driver seat with power lumbar
-Premium audio

You can find all the differences on the VW Media site. The order guide has also been posted in another thread. But they REALLY should update the main website.

Finishing up the paperwork today........have decided to go with Dark Iron Blue Autobahn. Appreciate all the replies. Not the type of guy who usually gets all the goodies, but since it's not my dime, I'll take a second helping!:D

Not sure how long the process of locating and shipping takes, but since it's been almost 4 weeks since I've driven my SE, I'm getting a little antsy.

Cheers!

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
Nice! That's the trim and color I'll be getting as well. I just need to accomplish a goal in my life, which will be in about one month, and this car will be my reward.

Wetelvis

Ready to race!
Nice! That's the trim and color I'll be getting as well. I just need to accomplish a goal in my life, which will be in about one month, and this car will be my reward.

What’s the goal?