GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lowering Help!

Mk7.5_Damian

Car(s)
2019 MK7.5 GTI
Hey guys I was wondering if you could help me out here.
I recently just bought a golf and have a hefty list of mods I wanna apply to it, first being a nice drop.
I've called Pfaff, and quite a few other performance stores in regards to H&R super sport lowering springs. Every phone call has yeilded me a different answer which extremely confuses me.
H&R's website says it is a 1.7-2.3" drop if I'm not mistaken..
I've been told that my car will sit 1.7" lower all around,
1.8" lower all around
2.0" lower all around
And 2.3" lower all around.. and I don't understand why I'm getting different answers.. which one is it?
I have 18" tires and rims and I was wondering if anyone has a golf with 18's and can share how low their car sits, maybe with a picture.
I'm not quite educated with any mods that's why I'm a little confused here.
ALSO!
I'm apply the H&R Super Sport springs to the stock shocks which I heard is a no no if your lowering past 1.5..
I AM planning on buying new shocks in the future when I save up more money..
Until then my shocks should hold up .. correct?
Thanks!

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
The Super Sport springs will fit & work with the stock struts/shocks, but don't have high hopes of a quality ride.
It'll eventually get bouncy (they'll be out of their effective range) and the life of the struts/shocks will degrade too

I'd buy the new struts/shocks now, so you only have to do the install (and alignment) one time

Muzdub

Ready to race!
Why not invest in coilovers?

Mk7.5_Damian

Car(s)
2019 MK7.5 GTI
Ended up settling with H&R Sports..
Looks great on my car ,
Gonna keep the shocks for now and replace them when they blow whatever.. car drives great.
Thanks for the help guys