GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Discover Pro Speedcam POI's Nav Companion

Pieisgood999

Ready to race!
I don't like paying for things I don't need to! Upgrading this golf's gonna bankrupt me as it is :( I'm sure if you read the copyright stuff on any cd or dvd then it'll be much of the same...

karlak

I don't like paying for things I don't need to! Upgrading this golf's gonna bankrupt me as it is :( I'm sure if you read the copyright stuff on any cd or dvd then it'll be much of the same...

The difference is that if PocketGPS find the person that passes on the database, then that person is banned and loses any paid subscription, happens a lot and people are named & shamed on one of their threads. Not sure how they do this and find who has done it, but it does happen.

I think if you download the app, you can try it for free with the current up to date database - if you like it, you may even think £20 is worth it.

mon2s

Ready to race!
Thank you Agent Fruit and Sootchucker - I've finally got round to doing this having persevered with using my phone - I've now finally got them on the car nav (having given up waiting for Pocket GPS World to do the job for me - they seem to be persisting with the old RNS 510 only.)

I could not have done it without your hard research.

Cheers.

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Sorry only just seen this thread. Glad you are all sorted.

Yeah, I did all this a few days after the car arrived in Sept 2013, and have updated them a couple of times since. Pretty straightforward when you know how.

mon2s

Ready to race!
I've just gone to update my POI speed cams as they have been loaded for about three months now, but VW have moved or deleted the POI loader referred to in this thread - it now just takes you to a generic VW web page. I've spent a while hunting with no luck.

Any assistance greatly appreciated

Skyliner33

Passed Driver's Ed
Just discovered this thread as speed camera locations are one ting I would like on my Discover Pro. I dont know why they can not be on as standard, they are on the Garmin that came with my motorbike.

Now I cant even find a Discover NAV Companion site in English, my searches only find it in German. Stumped at the first step lol. I think I need a dummies guide :/