GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Show Us Your Intake!

ohsnapzombies1

Ready to race!
I dont like the intakes that require you to remove that front top trim thing and not replace it with another. Seeing that empty space and knowing something is missing would eat me alive. With that said, the CTS and MST are really nice. Also debating the VWR600. I had a carbonio on my MK6 and after a while, the carbon fiber started the yellow fade...didnt like that too much.

16plus4v1

Ready to race!
R600 intake on order. Seeing that I'm going to be owning this car for 10+ years, I wanted something that appeared "oem" but produces and provides decenp power gains. This unit does that. APR may make the most power, but I don't like flashy bits. I want all black, clean and "oem" looking. Bay will consist of the R600, Spulen inlet hose, BFI Mount, Clean catch kit, and black washer cap. All black FTW!

Johnny Blaze

Go Kart Champion
I dont like the intakes that require you to remove that front top trim thing and not replace it with another. Seeing that empty space and knowing something is missing would eat me alive. With that said, the CTS and MST are really nice. Also debating the VWR600. I had a carbonio on my MK6 and after a while, the carbon fiber started the yellow fade...didnt like that too much.

The VWR is nice and looks like OEM. I really like it but the price not so much.

Irishace

Ready to race!
Jeez that Forge Intake looks awesome. I love how it draws from the entire grill, this has me very intriqued.

ohsnapzombies1

Ready to race!
The VWR is nice and looks like OEM. I really like it but the price not so much.

I agree on the price. That $100 tax is for the stock look. I'm waiting to see where the secondary breather filter fits too. If it connects into the box..then i'm good. I'm still juggling buying an intake for springing for some power folding mirrors which I don't really need but would like.

snailmeat

Ready to race!
Jeez that Forge Intake looks awesome. I love how it draws from the entire grill, this has me very intriqued.
More pics of the Forge.

I thought it looked pretty cool too. But I can't find any details about it.

martin_j001

Passed Driver's Ed
Why did you switch? I'm curious because I'm kind of torn between these 2.

How do they compare? Noise? Do you think the VWR is actually better because it sucks air from the whole front of the car?

I prefer the oem look of the VWR, but it wasn't available early on and I was impatient, lol. As for whether it works better, I can't honestly say as I had the downpipe installed at the same time, but I'm guessing it can't be worse for sure... :)

jmnj1

Passed Driver's Ed
I prefer the oem look of the VWR, but it wasn't available early on and I was impatient, lol. As for whether it works better, I can't honestly say as I had the downpipe installed at the same time, but I'm guessing it can't be worse for sure... :)

Yeah, the OEM look is nice.

How about sound? Does it sound that much different or are they kind of the same?