GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAPerformance Stage 2 E30 tune

MedicNick702

Anybody running it? What are your thoughts? Any knock?

Mk7gtifl

Ready to race!
For a little more you can get it protune instead.

Benihana

Go Kart Champion
Anybody running it? What are your thoughts? Any knock?

I had it. I bought it for $150 as part of the promotion when buying the Cobb AP as well. But alone for $299 your better off with a protune with e30. Other than thought, I thought it was awesome....it was a HUGE difference from their Stage 2 91 tune.

Mk7gtifl

Ready to race!

Mk7gtifl

Ready to race!
I don't see what benefit there is to paying more for a "protune" than the Map Stg2 E30. You suggested spending more for the protune, why? It's a stage 2 tune for E30 fueling, what would paying more for a different tune provide?

He ask the same question on the Facebook page, and I answered, for the same price he can get more. Not a complete protune but a better option. 5150 base map with 3 revisions and a e48 base map. That is what I currently running and 0 issues.

MedicNick702

Were you running the MAP intake as well?

MedicNick702

I had it. I bought it for $150 as part of the promotion when buying the Cobb AP as well. But alone for $299 your better off with a protune with e30. Other than thought, I thought it was awesome....it was a HUGE difference from their Stage 2 91 tune.

Were you running the MAP intake and downpipe as well?

MedicNick702

He ask the same question on the Facebook page, and I answered, for the same price he can get more. Not a complete protune but a better option. 5150 base map with 3 revisions and a e48 base map. That is what I currently running and 0 issues.

I appreciate the reply. One of my friends had a HORRIBLE experience with 5150 so I’m steering clear of them.

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
If you're already running Ed's EQT S2 tune, I personally don't think you're going to pick up that much for $300. Not sure if you're 91 or 93 but Ed's 93 graph isn't far off what this shows on the MAP website.

MedicNick702

If you're already running Ed's EQT S2 tune, I personally don't think you're going to pick up that much for $300. Not sure if you're 91 or 93 but Ed's 93 graph isn't far off what this shows on the MAP website.

Thanks bro. I’m running 91 :(

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I appreciate the reply. One of my friends had a HORRIBLE experience with 5150 so I’m steering clear of them.

Everybody can tell you about someone having a problem with a tuner. I have a friend who is extremely happy with 5150.

Hexxum001

Ready to race!
Hey man, I just answered your mail. But as I said there, for an OTS tune MAP's stage 2 E30 tune is really nice, especially for those of us in states with crap 91 octane (Arizona/California/Nevada). Not everyone wants to go through the e-tune/pro-tune process. This is an excellent alternative and makes a noticeable difference over the stage 2 ACN 91 octane tune.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
I don't see what benefit there is to paying more for a "protune" than the Map Stg2 E30. You suggested spending more for the protune, why? It's a stage 2 tune for E30 fueling, what would paying more for a different tune provide?

I can ask the same thing and say why would someone pay $300 for an ots e30 tune when a protune option like one offered by 5150 for just $50 more is available? Not all cars have the same mods, elevation, wheather, fuel, etc. so being able to revise a tune for either issues or more power is a nice thing to have.

Can't compare dynos from different locations. Ethanol blend tune will make a good bit more power especially compared to 91 oct tune.

Everybody can tell you about someone having a problem with a tuner. I have a friend who is extremely happy with 5150.

I'm a very happy 5150 customer.