GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sachs 4 puck- thoughts?

TheeAdam

Ready to race!
Yes, and you can almost feel the grind in the pedal, right?

I've noticed the clutch does not like the rpms to be on the rise when it engages. I have been taking the rpms up to 1800 or so and slowly backing off the gas till it engages (very slowly) and it catches by 1000-1200 rpms, and i don't get that noise.

Also, i have found what you are doing to work also, but a tad to fast or you get back on the gas a little early and it happens.

Reached out to my installer and he said it's the material and when he started getting complaints of it, he took a car apart and saw that everything looked fine. That was reassuring but still not fond of the noise when it happens.

This!

That nosie Is “normal” per say. I second what NJ is saying with adding gas while manipulating the clutch. Personally, I get on gas first to about 1200 and ride there while slipping out and it’s perfect 98% of the time as said above [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheProfessional

Go Kart Newbie
I've noticed the clutch does not like the rpms to be on the rise when it engages. I have been taking the rpms up to 1800 or so and slowly backing off the gas till it engages (very slowly) and it catches by 1000-1200 rpms, and i don't get that noise.

I do the opposite, barely blip the throttle to increase engine speed between 1000-1200 rpms and release clutch. Clutch engages well every time.

stockton2007

Go Kart Champion
I do the opposite, barely blip the throttle to increase engine speed between 1000-1200 rpms and release clutch. Clutch engages well every time.

I did the hold the 1000-1200 rpm release clutch, then back on the throttle this morning on my way to work. This did seem to be a little more consistent then what i previously described.

I also had to move my seat back a notch to go this direction, for some reason.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I rev up to about 1500 to 1800, then bring the clutch to the biting point and slowly let out the clutch, then gas after the clutch is almost fully engaged. It makes for slower take offs under normal conditions. The clutch really doesn't hate being slipped once you get to a certain point. I had to crawl my car on to a curb a few weeks ago and it did it beautifully.

ketoi12345678

Ready to race!
Yes, and you can almost feel the grind in the pedal, right?

Also, i have found what you are doing to work also, but a tad to fast or you get back on the gas a little early and it happens.

Reached out to my installer and he said it's the material and when he started getting complaints of it, he took a car apart and saw that everything looked fine. That was reassuring but still not fond of the noise when it happens.

Yeah, I can feel the grind in the pedal, but the pedal is not shaking. The noise makes people look at me like my trans is going to explode next to their cars at the stop light LOL. I asked several people on FB who have the clutch, and they all said it is normal. Some get the noise, but some don't.;)

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Yeah, I can feel the grind in the pedal, but the pedal is not shaking. The noise makes people look at me like my trans is going to explode next to their cars at the stop light LOL. I asked several people on FB who have the clutch, and they all said it is normal. Some get the noise, but some don't.;)
I wonder what the actual cause it. I think of it as insurance against joy riding if I ever valet the car. The car sounds like it's broken, they won't joy ride it. Hehe.

TheProfessional

Go Kart Newbie
I did the hold the 1000-1200 rpm release clutch, then back on the throttle this morning on my way to work. This did seem to be a little more consistent then what i previously described.

I also had to move my seat back a notch to go this direction, for some reason.

I don't hold, I flip on and off (quickly) the throttle so it is near that RPM.

Also, I don't get grinding that you guys are talking about. I do have that noisy TOB though.

stockton2007

Go Kart Champion
I don't hold, I flip on and off (quickly) the throttle so it is near that RPM.

Also, I don't get grinding that you guys are talking about. I do have that noisy TOB though.

so you rev/blip, completely remove your foot from the gas, let out the clutch, then back on the gas to pull away.

I feel like i'd f-up that timing, ha.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
so you rev/blip, completely remove your foot from the gas, let out the clutch, then back on the gas to pull away.

I feel like i'd f-up that timing, ha.
I never understood the constant blipping thing. Rev, clutch, rev just about as much as I can handle. I gotta say it's kinda mentally taxing making sure there are no funny noises at take off.

stockton2007

Go Kart Champion
I never understood the constant blipping thing. Rev, clutch, rev just about as much as I can handle. I gotta say it's kinda mentally taxing making sure there are no funny noises at take off.

feel the same. the hold 1,000-1,200, slowly engage and once fully engaged, continue on the gas. Going to keep testing this technique.

also, i noticed that i get another noise if i engage a downshift for engine braking. I've been able to resolve that by the blip before engaging that same down shift.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
feel the same. the hold 1,000-1,200, slowly engage and once fully engaged, continue on the gas. Going to keep testing this technique.

also, i noticed that i get another noise if i engage a downshift for engine braking. I've been able to resolve that by the blip before engaging that same down shift.
I always match rev downshift in to an engine brake. But if I don't or I don't rev enough, I got a very brief squeak.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
No. I am manipulating the throttle rapidly back and forth to keep the RPMs within a range while releasing the clutch.
The RPMs should stay when the throttle is constant? Did you do the throttle direct VCDS mod?