GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sachs 4 puck- thoughts?

stockton2007

Go Kart Champion
I'm totally happy now. I got my car struck in snow and had no problems modulating the clutch to get unstuck. Well, I had problems getting unstuck, but the clutch was never the problem. It actually did awesome when slipping the clutch to control power to the wheels, no smells, it felt real powerful?

haha, nice!

Very happy here too, 880 miles in. Off the line the sweet spot seems to be 1,200-1,400 rpms. Every gear change after is smooth and i agree with your adjective of "powerful". Only noise i get is the occasional, very faint, chirp-like squeal on a downshift. Otherwise, very very happy.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I think I still need to work on my downshifts and even quick upshifts. Without the sprung disc, the margin for error is much narrower, and because the clutch bites harder, there is much more driveline shock if not more exact with the revs and the clutch engagement. Totally operator error though. When driving normal with slow up and downshifts, it's pretty butter.

haha, nice!

Very happy here too, 880 miles in. Off the line the sweet spot seems to be 1,200-1,400 rpms. Every gear change after is smooth and i agree with your adjective of "powerful". Only noise i get is the occasional, very faint, chirp-like squeal on a downshift. Otherwise, very very happy.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I have 1,100 miles on the clutch now. Pedal feels much lighter (or my leg got much stronger). Occasional shudder if I'm not careful. No issues with parking, or reverse, or slow speed driving, or hill starts. No noises...

I banged a WOT 3 to 4 shift today. Was running my "low boost" map but there was still a good solid THUMP on the shift. I'm dying to try a this clutch from a stop. I may do it after another 200 miles.

TheeAdam

Ready to race!
I have 1,100 miles on the clutch now. Pedal feels much lighter (or my leg got much stronger). Occasional shudder if I'm not careful. No issues with parking, or reverse, or slow speed driving, or hill starts. No noises...

I banged a WOT 3 to 4 shift today. Was running my "low boost" map but there was still a good solid THUMP on the shift. I'm dying to try a this clutch from a stop. I may do it after another 200 miles.

Glad you’re liking it [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheProfessional

Go Kart Newbie
I am right around 1000 miles on mine (50/50 stop and go versus highway). TOB still makes noise when it gets warm, so probably going to change it out at some point. Still some shudder if you get things completely wrong, but the clutch is way more forgiving than it was during the first few hundred miles of use. I think the pedal feel has lightened up some, but jumping back and forth between the R and the GTI makes it noticeable at how much more firm the pedal is (which I like). It makes me hate the GTI clutch (I told my wife the GTI feels like stepping in a pile of wet dog poop).

Overall happy with engagement point. There is a small squeal when the clutch engages during a fast/hard start. On a side note, my wife drove it for the first time this past week and did not enjoy it. I told her she just needs time in the seat. I have been daily driving it 70 miles a day through downtown Houston with no issues.

stockton2007

Go Kart Champion
I am right around 1000 miles on mine (50/50 stop and go versus highway). TOB still makes noise when it gets warm, so probably going to change it out at some point. Still some shudder if you get things completely wrong, but the clutch is way more forgiving than it was during the first few hundred miles of use. I think the pedal feel has lightened up some, but jumping back and forth between the R and the GTI makes it noticeable at how much more firm the pedal is (which I like). It makes me hate the GTI clutch (I told my wife the GTI feels like stepping in a pile of wet dog poop).

Overall happy with engagement point. There is a small squeal when the clutch engages during a fast/hard start. On a side note, my wife drove it for the first time this past week and did not enjoy it. I told her she just needs time in the seat. I have been daily driving it 70 miles a day through downtown Houston with no issues.

I passed 1,000 miles a few days ago too and i agree with this 100%. Occasional shudder or squeal from a start and i get the small squeal on downshifts from time to time.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I dropped my car off to have tires replaced just now. Mechanic violent stalled it. I don't blame him. I laughed.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I passed 1,000 miles a few days ago too and i agree with this 100%. Occasional shudder or squeal from a start and i get the small squeal on downshifts from time to time.
I haven't noticed any groans and or squeals. I wonder if it's a small variance in parts or install procedures. I probably just jinxed myself.

I got a slight slight shudder when I take off sometimes. I'm not sure if the passenger feels it.

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
I have 5,000 miles on the clutch.. no shuttering, no squeals guess that metal TOB was worth it. ;) Clutch grabs in every gear, merging on to the highway is so much more fun now. Seems to engage and disengage a bit higher than before so I'll need to adjust the clutch stop.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I have 5,000 miles on the clutch.. no shuttering, no squeals guess that metal TOB was worth it. ;) Clutch grabs in every gear, merging on to the highway is so much more fun now. Seems to engage and disengage a bit higher than before so I'll need to adjust the clutch stop.
I had to add additional height to my BMS clutch stop. Def engages higher. I banged 3 to 4 a few times. Feels real solid.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Picked my car up from the mechanic today. It's 20 degrees out. As I was pulling away from a stop sign, get a buzzing and slipping sound from the clutch. The mechanic moved my seat so my feet may be a little out of sync. I'm thinking I just reved too high and didn't have the clutch engaged enough. Not sure if it's because it's so cold out. Clutch seems to shift and grab just fine the rest of the drive home. Anyone else with this clutch get that buzz when they slightly miss the engagement point?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I think the buzzing I've been getting may be the clutch being cold. It's 20 degrees and below here in NYC these days. My drive from the mechanic home was short and maybe the clutch never warmed up. Today I had slip/buzz issue for the first 15 min or so of my drive. After everything was very warm, it never happened again. The 4 puck may not like cold very much.

stockton2007

Go Kart Champion
about to hit 1,200 miles and still feel like it is getting better each day. clear, quick engagement, seems happy anywhere in the 1,000-2,000 rpm range when pulling away.

i need to correct something i've posted prior. The squeak on downshifts and most translated that to a TOB issue. The more i listen, while it is high pitched, it isn't a squeak but a friction noise. Still only on down shifts when not rev matching and very hard/fast up shifts. Id imagine it is just the pucks grabbing when the engine speed is that much different going into the next gear? Imagining this on down shifts primarily, i.e. 4th to 2nd, let it out, engine spinning much faster upon engagement and causing the noise.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
about to hit 1,200 miles and still feel like it is getting better each day. clear, quick engagement, seems happy anywhere in the 1,000-2,000 rpm range when pulling away.

i need to correct something i've posted prior. The squeak on downshifts and most translated that to a TOB issue. The more i listen, while it is high pitched, it isn't a squeak but a friction noise. Still only on down shifts when not rev matching and very hard/fast up shifts. Id imagine it is just the pucks grabbing when the engine speed is that much different going into the next gear? Imagining this on down shifts primarily, i.e. 4th to 2nd, let it out, engine spinning much faster upon engagement and causing the noise.
Any weirdness with the cold with yours?