GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Carista Dongle... Brilliant for £16

JKoehle

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I thought it was a waste of money. Only useful things it let me do was turn ESC off and the seatbelt warning off. Wish I had just spent the money on OBDEleven or VAG Com from the jump

Jet_Lag

Car(s)
VW Golf Alltrack
Like Adam I bought led number plate lights that had the resistor included! Just bought Carista so will see what it can do[emoji848]
Wanting to turn on tail lights with front DRLs!
VW dealer in UK indicated that it could not be done[emoji33]

Golf Alltrack MY16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
old thread, but I handled this problem simply by getting LED lights that don't cause a problem in the first place.

deautokey.com is your friend.

I see this type of approach as a workaround. You are preventing a reporting error by fooling the system out of reporting. By using LEDs with resistors, you are fooling the BCM into thinking they are higher-current incandescent bulbs.

I prefer reprogramming the BCM to expect the lights to be LEDs, and use regular LED instead of "bandaided" LEDs pretending to be incandescents. You are also making the system more electrically efficient by using proper LEDs by not wasting current to heat by way of the resistors. It's a negligible difference in the grand scheme of the electrical system, but details like this bother me as a systems biologist. The system is out of whack.

Carista may not be able to do this, I wouldn't know since I don't own a Carista, but OBDeleven and VCDS both can do this quite easily.

Jet_Lag

Car(s)
VW Golf Alltrack
Carista dongle just arrived from Amazon (£16)[emoji106]

Five minutes later have enabled tail lights on with DRLs (Scandinavian setting) - Simples!

Might suggest my local VW dealer invests in one[emoji33]

I wonder what else it can do for my VW Golf Alltrack!

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Carista dongle just arrived from Amazon (£16)[emoji106]

Five minutes later have enabled tail lights on with DRLs (Scandinavian setting) - Simples!

Might suggest my local VW dealer invests in one[emoji33]

I wonder what else it can do for my VW Golf Alltrack!

A VW dealer is very heavily restricted by VWUK.

From memory, they only have access to ODIS Service and not ODIS Engineering.