GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

MK7Davey

Passed Driver's Ed
You should be pleased with that dyno railroader. Great numbers.

Oddball question...what non-meth fuel would someone have to run to give you the results the 91/meth combo gives? I’m guessing that’s better than straight 93 (?), maybe more like a low ethanol blend might yield?

I would say it's probably equivalent to running an e30 blend or better. Just allows tuners to run more timing and such.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Will vary widely depending on how much meth.

I believe RR sprays a decent amount.

railroader

Autocross Newbie

railroader

Autocross Newbie
You should be pleased with that dyno railroader. Great numbers.

Oddball question...what non-meth fuel would someone have to run to give you the results the 91/meth combo gives? I’m guessing that’s better than straight 93 (?), maybe more like a low ethanol blend might yield?
Do be honest I'm not sure, I honestly dont think I see much oct boost out of it if any, it is all for cooling iats, i spray a good amount, I run a cm7 in the throttle pipe and a cm5 post ic. I did the math before on it bit I have slept sense then and forgot but I believe it was around 800-1300cc at full spray. I think there is more benefit with ethanol if your in a cooler climate that me. For instance on these dyno pulls I was boost heavy and low timing, I didnt have much timing in it at all, I think like 7° or so but my iats stay at or below ambient pull after pull with the meth.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

railroader

Autocross Newbie

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Do be honest I'm not sure, I honestly dont think I see much oct boost out of it if any, it is all for cooling iats, i spray a good amount, I run a cm7 in the throttle pipe and a cm5 post ic. I did the math before on it bit I have slept sense then and forgot but I believe it was around 800-1300cc at full spray. I think there is more benefit with ethanol if your in a cooler climate that me. For instance on these dyno pulls I was boost heavy and low timing, I didnt have much timing in it at all, I think like 7° or so but my iats stay at or below ambient pull after pull with the meth.

What was your boost and timing?

railroader

Autocross Newbie

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Any knock?
First run a little nothing bad second run none except normal initial spool. It would have taken more

railroader

Autocross Newbie

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Great job! Power looks great for pump gas!

— Ed

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Great job! Power looks great for pump gas!

— Ed
Only cause of a great turbo, thanks Ed