GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Littco L450 on it's way over the pond!

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I thought the eqt was easily into the 400 range with a solid pump revision and maybe a little bit of e?
It is, I'll find out today but definitely a lot stronger than my is38 which was 397. Todays dyno will be pump/meth

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Hoon is right there is an eqt thread we should be discussing eqt stuff on

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

MK7Davey

Passed Driver's Ed
Jon also said that car was completely out of fuel, so he may have dialed it back.

We're heading out into left field here :)

True that, either option here is going to be really great for the price, especially for stock block cars. I'm just excited to see the dyno results and real world performance, we have plenty of guys willing to get it. Fckn send it.

littco

Ready to race!
I would like to see more of Dan's is38x in the wild with aggressive tunes to see how they last before dubbing it reliable. There have been plenty of hybrid turbos, not referring to Dan's specifically, that have failed in the past. Also I take my car to the strip from time to time and launch at 5500 rpm so making more power on the later power band is preferable to me and spool isn't that bad. That was the point of me showing those dynos.

we have around 15 IS38x in the UK on Apr stage 2+ maps, and no issues.

We use the same thrust bearings on all our turbo's including one which ran 2.6bar for testing and currently at 2.4bar and tracked regularly.

With the IS38x the issue isn't axial thrust load but shaft speed, which is more down to VSR balancing and I can assure you that is one thing we ensure is 2nd to none.

I admit the more that our out there the better, but I consider our bearings the strongest our there including the TD06 based units.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
we have around 15 IS38x in the UK on Apr stage 2+ maps, and no issues.

We use the same thrust bearings on all our turbo's including one which ran 2.6bar for testing and currently at 2.4bar and tracked regularly.

With the IS38x the issue isn't axial thrust load but shaft speed, which is more down to VSR balancing and I can assure you that is one thing we ensure is 2nd to none.

I admit the more that our out there the better, but I consider our bearings the strongest our there including the TD06 based units.

That is good to hear. I'm not saying the TD06 based ones are any more reliable either since there isn't that many out there yet compared to stock is38s. I see where the typical problem with the is38s/hybrids are when the turbo is pushed at the upper RPMs. The OTS tunes taper while the aggressive custom tunes hold peak boost to redline.

littco

Ready to race!
That is good to hear. I'm not saying the TD06 based ones are any more reliable either since there isn't that many out there yet compared to stock is38s. I see where the typical problem with the is38s/hybrids are when the turbo is pushed at the upper RPMs. The OTS tunes taper while the aggressive custom tunes hold peak boost to redline.

TD06s are very good, but they are larger shafts and much slower rpms, typically around 90,000rpm-100,000 peak where as the is38s can get to 180,000 so a whole load of different stresses are put on them.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
TD06s are very good, but they are larger shafts and much slower rpms, typically around 90,000rpm-100,000 peak where as the is38s can get to 180,000 so a whole load of different stresses are put on them.

I'm not really well versed on turbos so from what you say there is less stress on TD06 with the same amount of boost compared to the IS38?

littco

Ready to race!
I'm not really well versed on turbos so from what you say there is less stress on TD06 with the same amount of boost compared to the IS38?

Any larger turbo will run slower than a smaller framed. Larger turbos have more stress from higher boost, smaller turbos more from higher speeds.

Built properly and balanced properly neither is an issue.

FineBottledWater

Passed Driver's Ed
British Pound went down yesterday. This is tempting. I see the options for Turbosmart DV and Turbo Muffler Delete, what do they do? Are they necessary in term of reliability of the setup?

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
British Pound went down yesterday. This is tempting. I see the options for Turbosmart DV and Turbo Muffler Delete, what do they do? Are they necessary in term of reliability of the setup?

Not necessary. The turbo comes with a DV, wastegate and factory style muffler.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 10.40.50 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 10.40.50 AM.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 520

littco

Ready to race!
L450 recently mapped:
Cupra 280
L450 hybrid turbo
2.1bar boost
3 inch turbo back (decat)
Wagner ic ...
Racing line catch can
Rs3 8pots
Racing line intake
TT intake pipe
4 bar map sensor
Racing line turbo muffler delete
Turbo smart dv
Littco LPFP
VIS HPFP

406WHP ( 475bhp ) This is a dynodynamics dyno in the UK so about harsh as you can get

vw671

Autocross Newbie
L450 recently mapped:
Cupra 280
L450 hybrid turbo
2.1bar boost
3 inch turbo back (decat)
Wagner ic ...
Racing line catch can
Rs3 8pots
Racing line intake
TT intake pipe
4 bar map sensor
Racing line turbo muffler delete
Turbo smart dv
Littco LPFP
VIS HPFP

406WHP ( 475bhp ) This is a dynodynamics dyno in the UK so about harsh as you can get

Looks fantastic. What kind of fuel was this running?

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
I want to see some graphs showing when the turbo is hitting full boost, etc