GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Crazy long build times?!

s1monc

Passed Driver's Ed
Picked it up ok but I've not driven it yet as the wife won't stop driving it! Got some photos before it got filthy dirty with rain we've had this afternoon. It's a lovely looking car.

Couple of small issues so far, both headlamps have condensation inside and have steamed up a bit so will keep a check on that over the next week or so and see what happens. Also got a whirring noise from the dashboard somewhere when engine turned off. What ever it is it shuts off after a few mins but it is really annoying. If it's still doing it after a week or so I'll run it back into the dealer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 432
Last edited:

DanDuda48

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GTI & GTD
I got the stage 7 sms on Wednesday, though the dealer registered the car and got the plates for it on Tuesday, 22nd. However, I am told they got over 50 new cars, so it will not be ready for collection until early April... So altogether 15 weeks wait... Frustrating, especially, as the car was built on 22nd February!

Last edited:

s1monc

Passed Driver's Ed
I got the stage 7 sms on Wednesday, though the dealer registered the car and got the plates for it on 22nd. However, I am told they got over 50 new cars, so it will not be ready for collection until early April... So altogether 15 weeks wait... Frustrating, especially, as the car was built on 22nd February!

Feel for you, that's a bit crap but it will be worth the wait.

trick1

Provisionally given build week 17. Would one expect another 2-4 weeks fro delivery after?