GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Crazy long build times?!

DanDuda48

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GTI & GTD
Trick, but let it be a consolation to you that you will get the 2017 model year! The change is usually in 22 build week in May.

shawry

Build week for my gtd estate is 11 Apr. I'm guessing with the times people are quoting I should get it about 6 weeks after thar?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Fraser123

Build week for my gtd estate is 11 Apr. I'm guessing with the times people are quoting I should get it about 6 weeks after thar?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Sounds like it varies from what I've read/experienced...

Personally it hasn't took very long so here's a bit of hope for all those waiting.

Ordered 3rd Feb.

Build week 07/03

Car arrived at emden the following Sunday 14/03

Assigned a ship on Saturday and arrived at UK port yesterday evening.

Dealer anticipates collection end of this week or next week. The port is only 10 mile from the dealer though...

On order tornado red GTI, PP, CarPlay and rear view camera. Far too excited now like :D

First timer

Passed Driver's Ed
I would love to receive my car this week, I'm not sure with it being a bank holiday weekend. Great it just had to be bank holiday weekend. On the good point I've received the registration number for my gti just waiting for pick up now. The dealship said once the car arrives with them they have to do a pre inspection, I'm not sure how long that takes.

s1monc

Passed Driver's Ed
Gone to stage7 this morning so must now be at the dealer. Waiting to get the reg number and for the dealer to PDI. Not heard anything from the dealer, I've found they are not very good at returning my calls.

Fraser123

Gone to stage7 this morning so must now be at the dealer. Waiting to get the reg number and for the dealer to PDI. Not heard anything from the dealer, I've found they are not very good at returning my calls.

I got stage 7 this morning too and all set for collection Saturday morning. I would keep trying mate.

s1monc

Passed Driver's Ed
Will post a pic up later. Picking it up at 1.00pm. It's the wife's car so I probably won't get to drive it today!!
Just trying to get some insurance quotes but the reg number doesn't come up on the Go compare site yet. Went for 2013 onwards Golf GTI TSI 220?? Which must the correct model, best was Admiral at £265 including legal cover, £250 excess and protected no claims, business use and 12,000 miles a year average. I am an old git though and live in a good postcode area. Going to use the free 5 day VW cover to pick it up.