GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

November Order Thread

First timer

Passed Driver's Ed
How's the dsg gear box when moving off Ive watched a couple videos where people claim it's a bit sluggish when moving off from a stand still. Reason I'm asking is cause I will be getting the dsg also

ismile

Ready to race!
How's the dsg gear box when moving off Ive watched a couple videos where people claim it's a bit sluggish when moving off from a stand still. Reason I'm asking is cause I will be getting the dsg also

The only time I find it a bit sluggish/jerky is when you first turn a cold engine on, the clutch packs need a few mins to warm up. 5 to 10 gear changes later, it's all good.

As for moving off, I've never had a problem in the GTI. Sometimes in D mode it likes to hold onto 2nd for as long as possible when coming to a stop, so if you try and pull away quickly before completely stopping it can feel a little slower than normal but it's not an issue and if you do need to make a fast getaway you might already be in S mode or Manual anyway, so problem solved.

I'd imagine the above would be more noticeable in a car with less torque, say the 1.2ltr petrol.

I have heard if you go from reverse to drive and apply throttle very quickly (less than 1 sec) the car will pull away in 2nd. This is because 1st and reverse are on the same output shaft, so DSG cannot preselect 1st when in reverse. However, I haven't experienced this yet.

Lee_fr200

Ready to race!
This is my first auto gearbox and tbh it's been absolutely perfect! After 15 yrs of driving and over 1 million miles racked up using manuals I was very apprehensive, but I'm glad I went dsg and I don't think I'd have another manual

s1monc

Passed Driver's Ed
Got the text this morning it's now on stage 5C, not long now.
Because the wife is getting a new car it's now got me looking at changing my E60 M5 to a F10 M5, she's not too happy at that! Just need this Golf to arrive so it takes my mind off me changing my car which will save me money!

s1monc

Passed Driver's Ed
The boat is docking at Sheerness tonight which is good as my dealer is at Canterbury which is only about 25 miles away. I'm hoping that might speed things up being that docks to my dealer is only a short journey.

It's not even my car ( wife's car ) and the wait is getting to me now !

DanDuda48

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GTI & GTD
My GTD is on the Danube Highway too! After almost spending three weeks in Emden port car park... So we are getting there, s1monc!

First timer

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi DanDuda48 did good luck your will be with you shortly then. Did you get an email/text to let you know your car is on it way?

s1monc

Passed Driver's Ed
My GTD is on the Danube Highway too! After almost spending three weeks in Emden port car park... So we are getting there, s1monc!

Hey thanks, just checked and the ship docked at 16.30 hrs. I wonder how long the cars sit at Sheerness?
The wife is hoping to get it for the Easter weekend.

DanDuda48

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GTI & GTD
Depends on the British haulage companies. And also the distance from Sheerness to your dealer (takes obviously longer to Cornwall than to Cambridge). I think you will have it before the Easter weekend (and me too, as my dealer is only 20 miles from Sheerness!)
:)

First timer

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone know how long after receiving your 5c text it takes to reviving your car it says 10 days but I've learnt not to fully trust the vw tracker? I understand it depends on where your dealership is.

ismile

Ready to race!
Does anyone know how long after receiving your 5c text it takes to reviving your car it says 10 days but I've learnt not to fully trust the vw tracker? I understand it depends on where your dealership is.

My dealer said it can take up two weeks. So yeah, 10 days sounds about right. Mine took 7 but then the dealer needed a few days for pre-delivery inspection and registration.