GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Did the tax man ding you when it was delivered Clem? Looking at ordering some stuff and hoping FedEx doesn't want more money when it shows up.

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Did the tax man ding you when it was delivered Clem? Looking at ordering some stuff and hoping FedEx doesn't want more money when it shows up.

On my ~$700 CAD order Fedex wanted about ~$40. On my ~$1000 order Fedex was ~$50. This was shipped to Toronto and obviously it depends but their customs clearance service isn't free. I also asked E-Acca to declare a lower value but they don't lower it by much lol. Wasn't too bad so i didn't mind.

If you want them to leave it at the door you can call and make payment ahead of time, otherwise you'll just have to pay COD or get a bill afterwards.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI

I looked at the FedEx invoice and there were no duties charged, only PST and GST[emoji106]. Paid $20 tax on the light which came to be around $250cdn

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
I also got my tails from cars245 and they were great tondeal with. I even had one damaged in transit and they got me a replacement sent out quickly.

I had heard good things on this forum as well. That’s why I didn’t make a big stink initially.

Shipment was slow at first, they said one part number was out of stock. June 1 I got a tracking number. I watched that tracking for a while, it kept saying sitting in New York. Finally I asked them to investigate. End of June, I finally said, I need a replacement shipment or money back. They fought me on that for most of July saying they needed EMS to respond to the investigation.

Then finally July 27th he agreed to a replacement and wrote:

Processing would take some 2-3 days we hope, considering that we currently have the lights in stock,
And delivery would be 6-8 days with EMS to USA.
Hope to hear a prompt answer!
Constantine, Cars245 team.

Having a more detailed watch this time, I waited until the 2-3 days and asked for tracking. No answer.

I sent multiple emails asking for tracking.

Then August 10: he writes

We are still in the process of forming your replacement, as the items should be handled with care.
We are yet again, still waiting for an answer from EMS regarding the situation with the original parcel.
Will inform you of any further details.
Kindest regards,
Constantine, Cars245.com

At that point I had enough and asked for immediate refund.

I have asked for that every day and no response.

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
I think delivery on my tails from cars245 was slower than i would have liked but nothing major. On a side note my boss paid for mine as a mid-year bonus, i bought them through work and out of the blue he offered to pay so [emoji847]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Oluwa67

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Golf GTI
Hey did anyone on here use the JBale harness? I’m having trouble with my dynamic sweep, so instead of sweeping together they sweep individually. Is there anybody here that did single fog that can share the line of code that dictates how the signal sweeps? It would be highly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Hey did anyone on here use the JBale harness? I’m having trouble with my dynamic sweep, so instead of sweeping together they sweep individually. Is there anybody here that did single fog that can share the line of code that dictates how the signal sweeps? It would be highly appreciated

What do you mean with they sweep individually? Left and right or inner and outer lights?

Oluwa67

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Golf GTI
What do you mean with they sweep individually? Left and right or inner and outer lights?

It should go inside all the way out to outside as one motion, but instead the inner and outer light will begin the sweep at the same time so it looks like they are sweeping separately and not together.

LFTMON

Ready to race!
It should go inside all the way out to outside as one motion, but instead the inner and outer light will begin the sweep at the same time so it looks like they are sweeping separately and not together.

Sounds like pace indicators

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long

Most likely something wrong with the coding, double check that and see if everything's good.

71camaro

Got a problem guys- Have JBale harness/LEDs installed on my 2018 Golf R, and I've got to go back to stock as I'm trading the car (deal too good to pass on). Unfortunately, we have had a remodel done, and in the process, my paperwork is all gone.

Anyone else with the mk7.5 JBale harness, if you could PM me a pic of your paperwork so I can reverse everything, that'd be killer. I know these are kind of a "trade secret" so I can post proof as needed I have his harness setup.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Got a problem guys- Have JBale harness/LEDs installed on my 2018 Golf R, and I've got to go back to stock as I'm trading the car (deal too good to pass on). Unfortunately, we have had a remodel done, and in the process, my paperwork is all gone.

Anyone else with the mk7.5 JBale harness, if you could PM me a pic of your paperwork so I can reverse everything, that'd be killer. I know these are kind of a "trade secret" so I can post proof as needed I have his harness setup.

Don't have Jbale's coding but the OE coding of MK7.5NA cars. Hope it helps?
MK7.5NA_ZERO815

71camaro

Don't have Jbale's coding but the OE coding of MK7.5NA cars. Hope it helps?
MK7.5NA_ZERO815

This is a HUGE, HUGE help.

Any chance you've got a copy of the factory pinout for the stock harness back there? Wire color/pin locations? I recall having to move a couple things, but I'm not sure if that was just on his harness or the factory harness, too.

I'm not sure if you make it out east for H2Oi (RIP) or any other events, but I'm buying you like 10 packs of beer for this haha