GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

Hockey

Ready to race!
No. It's really not even safe to use 93 on 93 tune. Use 91 tune and 93 oct

The tuner said 91 Shell is better to use in my area then 94 petro. Can someone in Ontario comment on the accuracy of this information?

DrDavid

Ready to race!
No. It's really not even safe to use 93 on 93 tune. Use 91 tune and 93 oct

whatttt ???? :eek:

i have a lot of time 1.5 93 oct with 93 oct fuel and now stage 2 93 oct with 93 fuel.......

i have to put 91 oct file ??

arob157

Drag Racing Champion

i have a lot of time 1.5 93 oct with 93 oct fuel and now stage 2 93 oct with 93 fuel.......

Log. Check for knock/timing corrections on Cyls 1-4.

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
The tuner said 91 Shell is better to use in my area then 94 petro. Can someone in Ontario comment on the accuracy of this information?
Not a chance. Is your tuner from the US? Petro 94 is as good as you can get for pump gas...especially in Canada

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie

who is your tuner

EmmKay11945

Ready to race!

You just have to log and see what it looks like, if you don't get any knock on the 4 cylinders then you should be fine, and if you do get knock then bump it down to 92 and check logs. If you absolutely must have the 93 tune then mix in some ethanol and you can keep bumping it up until you see knock. You can probably move it up to around 95 or 96 with some E.

dub_guy

Ready to race!

I’ve noticed that there are some in Ontario that prefer Shell 91 over Petro 94 simply because of the fact that Shell 91 is ethanol free. I’ve seen lots of debate of choosing a fuel that is Ethanol free.

From what I’ve read and communicated with a tuner, Petro 94 is one of the top choices we can run. I plan to run it once I get a clutch that can hold the torque.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
I’ve noticed that there are some in Ontario that prefer Shell 91 over Petro 94 simply because of the fact that Shell 91 is ethanol free. I’ve seen lots of debate of choosing a fuel that is Ethanol free.

From what I’ve read and communicated with a tuner, Petro 94 is one of the top choices we can run. I plan to run it once I get a clutch that can hold the torque.

A lot of idiots in Ontario think Eth free = Best. I hate talking to locals in the GTA who think ETH free shell 91 is better then Petro 94, bunch of idiots.... "but my gas mileage is better on 91..herp derp".

dub_guy

Ready to race!
A lot of idiots in Ontario think Eth free = Best. I hate talking to locals in the GTA who think ETH free shell 91 is better then Petro 94, bunch of idiots.... "but my gas mileage is better on 91..herp derp".

I don’t even bother getting into it with anyone when I see the discussions - not worth the effort. If people don’t want to learn how to get performance, how am I to try and straighten them out?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I don’t even bother getting into it with anyone when I see the discussions - not worth the effort. If people don’t want to learn how to get performance, how am I to try and straighten them out?

kornsined

Go Kart Newbie
And not 5 minutes ago another post on FB about how Shell 91 is the best gas.....

Omg I thought I was the only one thinking these guys are nuts. The struggle is real. “Oh ehtanol is artificially boosting octane. Pure gas is better.” Like GTFO!

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
You experienced guys correct me if I’m wrong... but a little “knock” (as in a negative number) on cylinders 1-4 is ok guys. Direct injection engines are highly susceptible to knock. You just don’t want a ton. Sure, less is better. But we’ve been tuning my new BT pump gas file and I have streaks of -2.5’s in some of my cylinders in some logs, and my tuner (613B6) says it’s fine. It’s ok if it doesn’t show 0 the entire time. Plus you have to remember how high the sample rate is, if you see like 5 lines of -3 for example, and then 0’s, that is like a teeny tiny little blip in time.

Yes, generally 93 tune on 93 gas is fine. Ya crazies. But you should log and make sure you’re not getting excessive knock (like what, -4 or -5 or more for a long streak in the logs?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
Canadian gas is not automatically better than US gas. Better than Cali/AZ/Nev maybe. Out west, Husky 94 seems to be the best after running numerous logs. If you don't have that in the east then Petro 94 is ok. Shell 91 is about the best 91 you can buy in Canada but won't compare to Husky or Petro. I wish we got Shell 93 here.