GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Back in the VW game... with a 2015 golf tsi

rstaylor25

Passed Driver's Ed
Love my foam cannon, got a cheap one off amazon and some Snow Foam. Mind blown at how well it works!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tsi7

Ready to race!
Small update... a couple of weeks ago my rear left caliper seized. Got around to having it replaced at the dealer Monday as it took over a week to order and receive the caliper. Luckily I didn't have to replace it myself since I bought the extended CPO warranty. Other then that the car runs great. One other small quirk is the infotainment system freezes randomly... that will get replaced under warranty as well but the dealer has to physically see it frozen and not working (apparently videos that I took don't count as proof for VW...)

Tsi7

Ready to race!
Been a while since I've posted an update... car just passed the one year mark since I bought it. I did just under 20000km in a year and the car's odometer is just shy of 65000km. I'm about to do it's second oil change, otherwise I got the rear left caliper replaced under warranty as I mentioned above and I had the dealer check on some clunking noise that I posted videos of in another thread. All they did was a road test and heard nothing (which I knew would happen). When I asked them why they didn't do the test that I did to replicate the noise, the service manager came back with a smartass remark of "if we don't hear anything on the road then there is no other test to be performed..." I said alright if my transmission or something else big goes, at least I have proof I sent them the videos and that they didn't hear or find anything wrong with the car

Last edited:

rstaylor25

Passed Driver's Ed
So you’re doing oil changes about every 30,000km? I’m at 33,000km and I do mine every 8,000km. Annoying about the dealer, I know the pain. I’ve been trying to get them to replicate my suspension creaking for months now.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
LED tails look mice Tsi7! I’d like to do the same myself but I’d like to do the smoked euro R version.

Tsi7

Ready to race!
So you’re doing oil changes about every 30,000km? I’m at 33,000km and I do mine every 8,000km. Annoying about the dealer, I know the pain. I’ve been trying to get them to replicate my suspension creaking for months now.

No... 10,000km per oil change. I will now be doing 15,000km per oil change now as I am my commute has changed is now 100km roundtrip. This means that along with my driving outside of my commute, I will be doing approx 30,000km a year now

Tsi7

Ready to race!
LED tails look mice Tsi7! I’d like to do the same myself but I’d like to do the smoked euro R version.

They are fantastic, it sucks we have to jump through hoops to get them because someone at VW decided we can't have the ROW LEDs as an option :mad:

Speaking of options, we get shafted so hard in North America :(

Tsi7

Ready to race!
It's been a while...

I've thought about selling the car a few times for various reasons. I've already had it out for sale twice but i've backed out from selling it both times. I don't plan on putting it out for sale anytime soon either this time, so with that said, I got me some R style HID headlights with 6000k bulbs :D

Night time pictures suck, I'll get some much better ones during the day

I've now converted this car to an all LED setup. Tail lights, head lights and interior lights are all LEDs... there is still more to be done but i'm trying not spend half my salary on this car all at once :cool: