GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Mk 7.5 Golf GTD

paul83

So I traded in my carbon grey mk7 GTD for this pure white mk7.5.

Spec as follows:
Pure white, 5 door, manual
19” Brescia wheels
Anti theft alarm system “plus”
Red brake calipers
Sat Nav Discover Media
Heated seats
High beam light assist
Reversing camera
App connect/Apple CarPlay

Interior is exactly the same as the last one except for a few updates:
1. Trim is now “finger print magnet” gloss black instead of faux carbon fibre
2. Update media unit which is pretty slick and has a bigger 8” screen
3. Active info display; to be honest, this is something that’s grown on me. I do miss the sportier dials but the active info display is quite useful but it’s not very customisable, maybe 5/6 scenarios. I’ve heard that the Audi version and the updated version in the new polo GTI are far superior. Saying that, the sat nav between the dials is very handy as it leaves the media unit free for whatever.

Exterior wise I’m really liking the changes to the bumpers, the front bumper and rear diffuser in particular look the bizz. The adaptive cruise control is now behind the front VW emblem.

The LED projector headlamps are streets ahead of the xenon I had in the mk7. Really bright crisp light. I’ve only driven it twice in the dark so far but there a noticeable difference.

Economy has been a big surprise. I expected to lose a few mpg’s with the 19” wheels but the opposite has happened. It’s already more economical than my mk7 ever was (I drove 50km to work yesterday at between 80-120kph and returned 61mpg) which I think is phenomenal. Obviously when you give it the beans, mpg drops rapidly. I’m wondering have VW made some tweeks to the ECU? Power-wise remains the same at 184bph which is annoying considering all other facelifts I.e. GTI, R when up and tax is gone up €70.

Overall, I really like it, brilliant car to drive, seats and interior is excellent, great lights and I love the wheels. I know it sounds mad but white is actually an easier colour to manage than carbon grey. In this weather it would be covered in a layer of dust, this isn’t noticeable in the white.

No major plans for it. I put a set of genuine Vw gloss black mirror caps. I’m considering a performance R spoiler lip and a Rieger front splitter

Anyhow here are a few picks:

Also forgot to add, I got a couple of presents on collection. Fancy box for my spare key and a VW coffee mug.

eventhorizon

Go Kart Champion
So jealous [emoji12] absolutely crazy how much good stuff you get overseas! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Car is gorgeous, wish we got the GTD over here. I suppose we never will now, but I do have the TDI, last we'll see for a while, if not ever.

I absolutely love the grey plaid... assuming I found some GTI plaids (maybe some junkers) I wonder how badly VW would gouge me to order the GTD plaid covers.