GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project Red XIII: avenali312's OEM+ GTI

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Good week for that. It's been raining nonstop. ;)

Buy a mountain bike they said. Put a hitch and rack on your car they said. No one ever said anything about raining all summer so all the trails are constantly closed :(

Fresh rubber is nice. Wheels looking real clean. A+

Thanks! That's actually the only wheel that is curb free from the previous owner, so it's the one that gets photographed all the time haha.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Well, I hit another epic pothole on the return trip from PA to GA a few weeks ago leading to another broken belt in the sidewall of a stock Pirelli

I feel your pain! I had 3 tires replaced in 4 years living in Philadelphia!
Good looking car sir! keep it going!

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Not really anything important to post lately.

Since my car is 3 years old now, I did have to have my first emissions test done for registration in November.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Nothing crazy going on here. I did order some Lamin-X for my fog lights and will post up pictures when that arrives.

Stupid Georgia and its record rainfall has left me unable to mountain bike as much as I'd like to, but I did manage to get out over the holiday break once. Car hauls the bike like a champ.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Small update. I put on the first layer of yellow Lamin-x film on my fog lights. I like the look during the day, but haven't gotten the chance to test at night yet. I know there's the potential for them to shine green with the mix of the blue LED light. If that's the case, I did order two sets to double up the film and all but guarantee a yellow light. I'll wait until this install is fully cured before doing that though. Truthfully, I don't really run my fogs that often, so it was more of a daytime cosmetic mod haha.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Nothing crazy going on here. I did order some Lamin-X for my fog lights and will post up pictures when that arrives.

Stupid Georgia and its record rainfall has left me unable to mountain bike as much as I'd like to, but I did manage to get out over the holiday break once. Car hauls the bike like a champ.

Careful on the front spoiler.
After three years I still miss judge the front of this car.
Always longer than it looks from driver seat.
So far I have not hit anything but came close a few times.

Your car looks good - like the bike.

Tennessee had it's 8th heaviest rainfall year in 2018, out of the last 50 years.
Sunny the last two days - ground still soaked.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Small update. I put on the first layer of yellow Lamin-x film on my fog lights. I like the look during the day, but haven't gotten the chance to test at night yet. I know there's the potential for them to shine green with the mix of the blue LED light. If that's the case, I did order two sets to double up the film and all but guarantee a yellow light. I'll wait until this install is fully cured before doing that though. Truthfully, I don't really run my fogs that often, so it was more of a daytime cosmetic mod haha.

I have one layer on mine, no blue.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

Tennessee had it's 8th heaviest rainfall year in 2018, out of the last 50 years.
I broke the lower grill after getting lowering springs. Luckily the bumber and the lip held up. Now I park 3 feet away from curbs :)

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

Yeah, I get lucky a lot on the front bumper. It seems to clear most curbs by a tiny bit, but I really need to start stopping earlier. I tend to pull in too far with the bike on the back since I don't want it sticking out into the road.

We had the same thing going on here with the rain. It was our second wettest year on record.

http://www.gpbnews.org/post/2018-rainfall-second-wettest-year-record-atlanta

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Took the DSLR out last night to try and capture the color the best I can.

Disclaimer: I have the deutan form of color vision deficiency (green weak), so I'm definitely not seeing the color the same as everyone else.

I did not do any editing to the color on this, just a bit of exposure and contrast adjustment, so take it as you will.

I do believe the people that are getting a heavy green color may need to look at the installation. It is tricky getting the pre-cut version of the Lamin-x perfectly centered behind the louvers. If you're off, I could see where more light could leak out causing it to lean more green.

I think if I have to do this again, I'll order the universal sheets and remove the fog housings to make sure that the entire lens is covered in yellow.

Insert moody, artsy photo here: