GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
I wanted pops and bangs so bad. Then I heard my neighbor's R drive by with it. Whatever exhaust he has plays into it but the sound is clearly artificial and very shitty

Yep. I’m 6MT and catless so I get some nice, natural crackles on decel. I hear the snap crackle pop bullshit and I absolutely loathe it. Sounds like utter garbage to me. But to each their own I guess...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadMen

Ready to race!
I have a question I can't seem to find the answer to, although I suspect it's somewhere in this thread :/.

If I understand at the Eurodyne site, I can purchase just the tunes with the powertap tool, and be good. With that, I can get stage 1, 1.5, and 2.

My question is, if I were to buy that and then decide I want Maestro - is it another $799? If I buy Maestro first, does it come with all the stuff the above purchase comes with also, meaning it's only $100 more to add Maestro to that package?

MK7MattMan

I have a question I can't seem to find the answer to, although I suspect it's somewhere in this thread :/.

If I understand at the Eurodyne site, I can purchase just the tunes with the powertap tool, and be good. With that, I can get stage 1, 1.5, and 2.

My question is, if I were to buy that and then decide I want Maestro - is it another $799? If I buy Maestro first, does it come with all the stuff the above purchase comes with also, meaning it's only $100 more to add Maestro to that package?

Maestro is on sale for $720 on USP right now.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

Pretty sure you can add Maestro later for $100, but to be honest you will want it anyways so go ahead and buy it with Maestro now. Yes, it comes with all the base tunes you would normally get if you didn't go Maestro.

MadMen

Ready to race!
Maestro is on sale for $720 on USP right now.

Oh for crying out loud - make it even harder for me to put this off a bit longer.... :D

Pretty sure you can add Maestro later for $100, but to be honest you will want it anyways so go ahead and buy it with Maestro now. Yes, it comes with all the base tunes you would normally get if you didn't go Maestro.

Great - just what I needed to know. And at the above sale, that makes it only 20 bucks more. No brainer.

Not sure I would need a custom tune with a stock IS38 and no ethanol in my area - but my hesitation is the TCU tune being wonky and possibly needing the ECU tune modified to fix the TCU characteristics.

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
You wouldn’t need a custom tune I’m 4K miles on is38 adjustable file and it runs great. Also the tcu has come a long way on 6 months. I wouldn’t change mine a bit. I’ve also never had any issues ever personally.

MadMen

Ready to race!
Hmm. USP doesn't seem to offer the DSG package with it.