GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Remove Torque limiter Via Vag-Com (How To)

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Gotcha. Early '14 build here. No option to disable it but there is zero intervention with just setting ECS off [emoji1360]

Last edited:

Jlungo

Ready to race!
Pull green 40amp ABS fuse in the engine bay fuse box. The only way I can turn it off on my early 2015.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Thx dude I'll give it a try!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

madracer

Passed Driver's Ed
Great thread.
Just to clarify.
What is the torque limiter removal modification?

Clubsport comes from the factory with the ESC off option.
When launching the car, still get the flashing light on the dials showing me some intervention and power cut, even though ESC is set to OFF.

Is the torque limiter removal and starting vibration reduction two different things?

madracer

Passed Driver's Ed
No, they are the same thing. Even with ESC off, the car still cuts torque in first

Thanks, did the mod.
As soon as I clicked do it, got an error on the MFD saying Error: Brake Sevo.
This went away after a few minutes, together with the ABS warning light.

Drove a little today, didnt notice any intervention. Will test more in coming days.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Does the Clubsport come with ESC truly off mode or ESC Sport only?

Do you see a solid "ESC Off" icon on your instrument display when you hit the button?

Like so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_mkDoSMZ4Y

That's what we get in North America in a GTI when we do the VCDS coding to allow ESC Off instead of just ESC Sport.

madracer

Passed Driver's Ed
Does the Clubsport come with ESC truly off mode or ESC Sport only?

Do you see a solid "ESC Off" icon on your instrument display when you hit the button?

Like so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_mkDoSMZ4Y

That's what we get in North America in a GTI when we do the VCDS coding to allow ESC Off instead of just ESC Sport.

Yes and No.

When you press and hold the ESC button, it displays ESC OFF were the trip computer normally displays.
However, when launching hard in first and second, still get the flashing light on the rev counter showing some intervention.
This intervention is not as serious as cutting power, but still an intervention none the less.

On my previous 2014 standard 7 GTI, all I did was the ESC OFF mod and the wheels would spin freely, no intervention. No need to change starting vibration.

With the 2017 CS, there is no option in VCDS to play around with ESC OFF / ESC Sport, that byte for me is blank.
So i now that I have changed the starting vibration, the car launches much better, no intervention (Well at least none that I can feel nor see any flashing light on the rev counter)

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
You can't turn off SVR with the ED cable. You need a VCDS or OBDEleven to do this

You can unless they changed something... here are the instructions using the ED cable:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk