GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thoughts on motor/transmission mounts?

BigJerm44

Ready to race!
Let us know what you think, I'll probably just hold off on the part unless the NVH drives me completely crazy. That's one step further on the dogbone insert with the Powerflex, since you remove the lower puck. Not as simple to just go back at that point.

I'm pretty sure that is just the trans sealant on the case when it's assembled. Just some excess that squished out, but everything looks dry otherwise.

The NVH isn't that bad. I love the Powerflex. Makes everything so much smoother. It really is just extra vibration at idle which isn't bad to begin with. Reverse is a different story though lol, but it's still well worth it. I'm really just looking for the Roc-Euro piece to take it that extra step in terms of DSG shift crispness.

And gotcha, thanks for confirming.

BigJerm44

Ready to race!
Received and installed the roc euro DTS . First impressions- it feels like a very sturdy piece. Pics online definitely make it look flimsy, but I’m confident this piece will hold up nicely. Installing it didn’t have me second guessing myself.

As for feel, shifting definitely feels a tad crispier.

Here’s the big one though - I’d say 85-90% of idle/startup/ac vibration introduced by the Powerflex has been elminated with this arm. Almost feels stock now. Feels nice at WOT as well. I would recommend for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Looks good!

With the angle you shot right down the insert, I'd bet that because it's only a flat bar and doesn't have nearly the contact area with the insert compared to the standard arm, that is why it's not transferring as much vibration at idle. You can see the bar is only touching the flat of the upper insert (like OEM) but is clamped up by the Powerflex aluminum sleeve, versus being wedged in contacting the whole lower insert like a "U shaped" factory style arm. That means on the lower portion of the insert, the power flex sleeve is really the only thing making any contact.

Super hard to find a picture of this side of the dogbone but:

So long story short, the DTS removes the rubber bushing from the dogbone to reduce longitudinal forces, and because it's contacting less of the insert it seems to reduce vibrations overall. As long as it's not allowing MORE movement in another direction as a trade off (and I don't think it is) that's a pretty good result!

Last edited:

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Must have been. As for the roc euro piece, I agree that some of the reviews make me nervous, but I feel that as long as it’s installed properly it should do the trick. I’m going to keep my fingers crossed and keep an eye on the bolts. I’m not much of a launcher myself, but if this improves NVH I’m all for it.

Side note: noticed this when under the car. Anyone know what this rubber is coming out of the seals on the bottom of the trans ? I’ve seen it on other trans cases when I searched for photos but I was curious. Is it a gasket , and if so is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most likely dried oil. Take it to the a stealership and replace main seal on warranty.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
did everyone replace the trans bolts when they did the trans mount or did they use the stock ones?

You're supposed to replace them as they are one time stretch to torque bolts. I did re-use one that had a stud on it because that's where my catch can bolts to. The replacement ones i got were all regular bolts..

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
You're supposed to replace them as they are one time stretch to torque bolts. I did re-use one that had a stud on it because that's where my catch can bolts to. The replacement ones i got were all regular bolts..

do you remember the part numbers or anything for these bolts, i find like 3 different part numbers so unsure what to use

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
do you remember the part numbers or anything for these bolts, i find like 3 different part numbers so unsure what to use

I may have the packaging hanging out in garage to check. There are two different sizes that bolt to frame and motor. The trans side might be different length too so it actually might be 3 different part numbers..

Edit: third part number is to secure trans mount bracket to transmission which does not require replacing because it shouldn't be broken loose during install

Last edited:

Luchos

Go Kart Champion

Did a little research :D

Engine side
N90596906 x 2 - Bolt M10x55
N10209605 x 2 - Bolt M12x1.5

Trans side
N90596906 x 4 - Bolt M10x55
N10209605 x 3 - Bolt M12x1.5

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Last edited:

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Most likely dried oil. Take it to the a stealership and replace main seal on warranty.
How would oil make it to the seal between the two halfs of the transmission?

The pictures show what is likely a silicone based sealant that wasn't properly cleaned up after install at the factory.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
How would oil make it to the seal between the two halfs of the transmission?

The pictures show what is likely a silicone based sealant that wasn't properly cleaned up after install at the factory.

Well first of that's not a very good/complete picture of the transmission. Secondly, when the main seal starts to fail it slowly starts to appear as a discoloration where the bellhousing mates to the block. That doesn't quite look like any adhesive to me, but maybe it is. I do know that when I had a seal failure on my car it resembled that picture.

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
Did a little research :D

Engine side
N90596906 x 2 - Bolt M10x55
N10209605 x 2 - Bolt M12x1.5

Trans side
N90596906 x 4 - Bolt M10x55
N10209605 x 3 - Bolt M12x1.5

the funny part is that bfi shows different numbers entirely than what you have shown...this drives me to drink lmao

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
the funny part is that bfi shows different numbers entirely than what you have shown...this drives me to drink lmao

I went off the bolts CTS uses. It's the same thread pattern, 5mm variation in length between the two. A few drinks never hurt nobody, unless YOU street race of course. :D