GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
The Bathurst is quickly starting to become the front-runner in my wheel search...

Yes, now buy them in 17x9 et50 and tell me how much spacer they need to clear the PP brakes.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
Yes, now buy them in 17x9 et50 and tell me how much spacer they need to clear the PP brakes.

Lol...nah, I'll stay with the 18s at et42. Slightly concave, I like it. I have to admit though, the fact that the spokes go all the way to the lip of the rim scares me a little. That could be some nasty curbage in a moment of absent mindedness.

I can't fault you for wanting 17s. I kept the 17" stock Enkeis on my Evo the whole time I had it...no regrets!

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
U shouldn't need one?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Apparently due to the concavity of the spokes et50 won't clear the PP calipers according to the guy at TSW I spoke with.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Apparently due to the concavity of the spokes et50 won't clear the PP calipers according to the guy at TSW I spoke with.

Just toss them on and romp around for a little. They'll wear themselves in

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Just toss them on and romp around for a little. They'll wear themselves in

Yeah, I should just remove the spokes, that should solve the issue. I'll probably end up with Neuspeed RSE16's in 17x8.5 instead. A little heavier and harder to clean, but I think 8.5" width is perfect. 245/45/17, gimme dat tire meat.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Yeah, I should just remove the spokes, that should solve the issue. I'll probably end up with Neuspeed RSE16's in 17x8.5 instead. A little heavier and harder to clean, but I think 8.5" width is perfect. 245/45/17, gimme dat tire meat.

I like that idea too. Also, angle grinder+calipers=clearance. Or just remove the calipers altogether. I think ECS sells a caliper delete kit bundled with their rear mid wing

neildorrel

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit DSG
Titan-7 T-S5 Split 5 Spoke

After waiting about six weeks, I finally received my Titan-7 T-S5 Split 5 Spoke wheels yesterday. The color is called Satin Platinum.

The company makes exclusively forged wheels for select enthusiast cars. Each wheel is made specifically for each application. The dimensions are 18 x 8.5 5x112 +44. Needless to say, the offset is absolutely perfect. They weigh less than 18 pounds. They're manufactured in the U.S.A

I couldn't be happier. The color is darker than the pictures seem to depict on their site, almost a light gunmetal, see my pic below. (Only other option is gloss black.). Even the packaging used to ship the wheels is exquisite. And their customer service is fantastic.

Mounted 245/35 18 Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Have hit some pretty big bumps, no rubbing or anything (car sits on VWR springs). They are about $2,000 a set, which for a fully forged wheel of this quality is a very good value IMO. They have a very motorsports look to them. Love these things!

Just need to paint the dingy/rusty hats this weekend due to this being such an open wheel design.

Attachments

• IMG_9545.jpg
    IMG_9545.jpg
    462.1 KB · Views: 2,289

neildorrel

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit DSG
Ttan-7

That wheel has been done by 2-3 other companies for sure.

OZ and others have produced "split spoke" wheel designs that may look similar, but the Titan-7 design is an original one, is much lighter, and by being forged is by definition lighter and of higher quality. Have a close look and you'll see. Also, being application-specific rather than generic means the fitment offset is perfect without the need for a heavy spacer, which obviates the purpose of seeking a lightweight wheel and the attendant benefit of reducing unsprung and rotational mass.

https://titan-7.com

SkyeC

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
18 GTI SE
Ordered a set of 17x8 +40 Traklites w/ 235/45-17 Conti Extreme Contacts for a dual street/lapping day tire. Excited to drop quite a bit of unsprung weight and get off the crappy OE Bridgestones.

Was even more excited to only spend $432 for the wheels and $431 for the tires. That equals 1.75 Titan-7 wheels. ;)

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Ordered a set of 17x8 +40 Traklites w/ 235/45-17 Conti Extreme Contacts for a dual street/lapping day tire. Excited to drop quite a bit of unsprung weight and get off the crappy OE Bridgestones.

Was even more excited to only spend $432 for the wheels and $431 for the tires. That equals 1.75 Titan-7 wheels. ;)

I am thinking about the Traklites as well. They seem to be the best "bang for the buck." I'm just not completely sure I like the silver finish. Post some pics when you get them!