A thought about HP and what th manufacture says it has

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI

jackalope

Ready to race!
I've been told that dynos are inaccurate

The Alltrack puts out 170 crank HP according to some dynos and 200 wheel HP according to others. Which is accurate? The one that makes owners feel better?

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I've been told that dynos are inaccurate

The Alltrack puts out 170 crank HP according to some dynos and 200 wheel HP according to others. Which is accurate? The one that makes owners feel better?

Any dyno that is user calibrated / user adjustable is worthless for comparison... Mustangs being the most common one.

Dynojets can still be manipulated, but it is much less common and easier to detect.

Juggar

Ready to race!
Yes.
247 hp and 327 tq. The dark green numbers.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Really makes me wonder how my 220 HP 2017 SE would dyno stock on the same dyno.

Also, I run a neuspeed at the +7 setting, what setting did you run yours on?

It would not surprise me if I were putting down 340+ ft/lbs to the wheels, pulls like a freight train.

SpaceGhost

Ready to race!
This is hilarious a point of fact that sells cars and you actually believe they would purposely understate it and then expect me to provide proof when the only proof you need is does VW like to sell cars? If the answer is yes than that proves it

emanon

Ready to race!
This is hilarious a point of fact that sells cars and you actually believe they would purposely understate it and then expect me to provide proof when the only proof you need is does VW like to sell cars? If the answer is yes than that proves it
If ypu werent so myopic this wouldnt be so hard to grasp.

1 question, what us VWs largest market? Hint, it isnt the US. They set the rules based on that market, and cant rate the same cars wildly differently in other markets.

Look at every other german auto maker and how their cars dyno vs what they rate, it's a simple pattern to see. Bmw 435 puts 332hp to the tires bone stock when they rate at 325 (mppk car). I just watched a C63S with 150 miles that makes a stated 503hp put 479 to the tires.

If you stick one toe outside your dense little world you would see this is very common in certain brands, and explains how "lower power" cars are shockingly fast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
If ypu werent so myopic this wouldnt be so hard to grasp.

1 question, what us VWs largest market? Hint, it isnt the US. They set the rules based on that market, and cant rate the same cars wildly differently in other markets.

Look at every other german auto maker and how their cars dyno vs what they rate, it's a simple pattern to see. Bmw 435 puts 332hp to the tires bone stock when they rate at 325 (mppk car). I just watched a C63S with 150 miles that makes a stated 503hp put 479 to the tires.

If you stick one toe outside your dense little world you would see this is very common in certain brands, and explains how "lower power" cars are shockingly fast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

You mad bro?

Anger issues?

Square1

Go Kart Champion
Really makes me wonder how my 220 HP 2017 SE would dyno stock on the same dyno.

Also, I run a neuspeed at the +7 setting, what setting did you run yours on?

It would not surprise me if I were putting down 340+ ft/lbs to the wheels, pulls like a freight train.
I had it on the low setting. I don't remember off hand what it is. I'm not sure how it compares to a JB4 but it works very well.

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

what point are you trying to make? whatever it is i will disagree with it on all accounts. also, whatever youre going to reply to this message i would like to preemptively disagree and say ur mom gay as a rebuttal.

Juggar

Ready to race!
I had it on the low setting. I don't remember off hand what it is. I'm not sure how it compares to a JB4 but it works very well.

Ok, so I could expect about 260 WHP and 340 ft/lbs on +7 then.

Not bad but I think ill still go APR stage 1 at some point.

Iluv2raceit

Ok, so I could expect about 260 WHP and 340 ft/lbs on +7 then.

Not bad but I think ill still go APR stage 1 at some point.

I would highly recommend you find a VW dealership that offers APR Plus. Nothing like having a powertrain warranty to go with the APR Stage 1 upgrade ;-) The only caveat with regards to the APR Plus is that is a slightly detuned version of the APR Stage 1 that doesn't have a powertrain warranty. The price for the APR Plus is currently $1099 vs. $699 for the Stage 1 non-warranty version.

Good luck with whichever you decide to get.