GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best Tire Size for 19x8.5 ET46 Wheel with Stock Suspension?

kylew1102

Looking for advise on tire size with the following setup:

Wheel: BBS SR 19x8.5 ET46
Suspension: Stock (DCC)
Tire Model: Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

What is the best tire size?
-235/35
-245/30
-245/35

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I have to stop replying to these threads. And so I will.

Seriously people. Do a little browsing and searching.

kylew1102

I have to stop replying to these threads. And so I will.

Seriously people. Do a little browsing and searching.

Nype - I have spent the a ton of time searching and some say that 245/35s rub, but most people say if you have a ET around 45+, you will be fine. However, I know PSS ran wide, I don't know if PS4S do as well.

With the newer PS4S, you have an option that no one has talked about which are 245/30s and I wanted to see if anyone has tried that.

nuSchule

Ready to race!
Nype - I have spent the a ton of time searching and some say that 245/35s rub, but most people say if you have a ET around 45+, you will be fine. However, I know PSS ran wide, I don't know if PS4S do as well.

With the newer PS4S, you have an option that no one has talked about which are 245/30s and I wanted to see if anyone has tried that.

I only have experience with the MPSS, but the 245/30 PS4S are almost identical in size to the 235/35 MPSS. The tread width is 0.1" wider on the PS4S while the section width, diameter and measured rim width are all the same between the two.

Now, if you are looking at the same size for both, say... 235/35r19, the tread width on the MPSS is about 0.3" wider than the PS4S, so inherently, the MPSS runs wider than the PS4S in that same size.

I have 235/35 MPSS on OZ Superturismo LM (19x8.5, +44) lowered on KW V3 and I only rub on larger dips at speed.

If you plan on staying stock height, or even a mild drop, I don't see why you would need to worry about rubbing with the PS4S.

McCabe89

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Evo X & Golf R
Looking for advise on tire size with the following setup:

Wheel: BBS SR 19x8.5 ET46
Suspension: Stock (DCC)
Tire Model: Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

What is the best tire size?
-235/35
-245/30
-245/35

Your at stock height. What are you worried about?