GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official DIY TTRS Clutch Kit

Nappy216

Ready to race!
Is the Sachs DFM (91192) the same exact one as the OEM part (06J 105 266)?

Going JB4 soon. Want to retain the drive-ablity and quietness of the stock setup (or as close as possible)

I understand from the thread that the pressure plate is our weak link. But couldn't find if their is a non-OEM DFM recommended for this TTRS setup ?

Last edited:

bdashrad

Passed Driver's Ed
Is the Sachs DFM (91192) the same exact one as the OEM part (06J 105 266)?

Going JB4 soon. Want to retain the drive-ablity and quietness of the stock setup (or as close as possible)

I understand from the thread that the pressure plate is our weak link. But couldn't find if their is a non-OEM DFM recommended for this TTRS setup ?

yes, sachs 91192 is the OEM replacement. if you haven't slipped, and don't have a ton of miles on it, you can probably keep your stock.

GoGoMK7

Passed Driver's Ed
Does this setup hold about 480TQ? It cost about $1k with DMF. I am not sure to go with this or the DKM stg3 which cost $300 more.

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
Has anyone seen or used this part from europarts?
https://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/175112/Clutch-Kit-Rebuilt-07K141015BX/

Could this be a package that just includes the TTRS pressure plate and Sachs 240mm clutch disc, which you would therefore not need to purchase a separate clutch disc like this one?
https://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/73466/Clutch-Disc-240mm-1878005146/

Wow that sure does look like the TTRS.. I wonder what the disc is? I wonder if it's a misprint on EEuroparts?

FCP Listing

EEuroparts Listing

Last edited:

tjsauerbeck

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow that sure does look like the TTRS.. I wonder what the disc is? I wonder if it's a misprint on EEuroparts?

FCP Listing

EEuroparts Listing

I emailed FCP yesterday. Spoke with Kyle Gemmell...
I originally asked "What is the size of the OEM clutch disc? I'm looking at this Part#: VAG-07K141015BX"

Responded by saying "Thank you for contacting FCP Euro. As per your request, I have found the stock size of this clutch. The size is 240mm. I hope this aides you in your search. I apologize for any concern on this matter."

My response: "I'm a little confused then. I have a 2015 VW GTI (manual). I'm trying to package together a DIY TTRS clutch. I read the forums and they were saying that I'd have to buy:
1) the TTRS clutch kit, which contains a 340mm clutch disc. We use the pressure plate, but not the clutch disc.
2) Sachs clutch disc, which is the 240 mm that is needed for our car
3) Maybe a throw out bearing
4) maybe a DMF (again Sachs)
5) various hardware

I'm confused because you're telling me that the disc in this kit is 240mm, while I was expecting it to be 320mm. Can I purchase the original item (VAG-07K141015BX) and both the pressure plate and clutch disc work in my GTI? If yes, then I assume that I would not need to purchase another clutch disc (note #2 above)."

His response this morning: "Thank you for the reply. As far as we can tell this kit will include a 240mm clutch disc. When you get a moment can you send a link to the forum post you are referring to so maybe we can find some clarification? It almost seems as if these are referring to a performance clutch wit the size difference we are finding.

Lastly.. my response: "The GTI Clutch Thread" on the golfmk7 forum in the first few pages talks about this kit having a 340mm disc. It was first published in like 2015. ShopDAP also has a page on their website talking about how the kit (same aforementioned part number) has a 340mm disc and then people buy a different Sachs disc that's 240mm. I emailed ShopDAP yesterday too; no response yet. Link here: https://www.shopdap.com/07k-141-015-bx.html
I was just thinking that maybe over the years the kit has changed to include a 240mm disc instead because GTI owners would rather not buy 2 discs"

I've spoken to FCP via email and Europarts via phone - both state the disc is 240mm but neither know if it works for GTI. No email response yet from ShopDAP, but maybe i can get Paul to comment (
Paul@DeutscheAutoParts)

Last edited:

FCP Euro

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK7 GTI TCR
Louis II,

I'm interested in what the kit would look like using both of these TTRS pressure plate, Sachs Disc and hardware. Admittedly we haven't done one of these ourselves. But I have been reviewing the parts lists and it looks like there is some conflicting information on the pressure plate and disc needed to make it work.

Part number 07K141015BX is coming up by all listings as a 240mm LUK package, minus the slave/release bearing (so just the plate and cover). So to get a better understanding what I will do is this.

I will order up all the components in the DIY kit and an original MK7 GTI clutch (for comparison), that way I can figure out what pieces are needed and see if I can sort just getting in a pressure plate alone (so there would be no need to have duplicates). I don't know if you can wait on the job, nor am I implying you have to get the parts for the kit through us. But I would like to sort out the needed components for the job cause it seems popular.

I will hop back in and chime in once I have everything in hand and get them listed on the site.

I will tag the kit Louis II also to spot it on the site. Sorry we did not have an answer right away for you on this but I will see about sorting it out as soon as all the pieces come in. Might take a few days.

I emailed FCP yesterday. Spoke with Kyle Gemmell...
I originally asked "What is the size of the OEM clutch disc? I'm looking at this Part#: VAG-07K141015BX"

Responded by saying "Thank you for contacting FCP Euro. As per your request, I have found the stock size of this clutch. The size is 240mm. I hope this aides you in your search. I apologize for any concern on this matter."

My response: "I'm a little confused then. I have a 2015 VW GTI (manual). I'm trying to package together a DIY TTRS clutch. I read the forums and they were saying that I'd have to buy:
1) the TTRS clutch kit, which contains a 340mm clutch disc. We use the pressure plate, but not the clutch disc.
2) Sachs clutch disc, which is the 240 mm that is needed for our car
3) Maybe a throw out bearing
4) maybe a DMF (again Sachs)
5) various hardware

I'm confused because you're telling me that the disc in this kit is 240mm, while I was expecting it to be 320mm. Can I purchase the original item (VAG-07K141015BX) and both the pressure plate and clutch disc work in my GTI? If yes, then I assume that I would not need to purchase another clutch disc (note #2 above)."

His response this morning: "Thank you for the reply. As far as we can tell this kit will include a 240mm clutch disc. When you get a moment can you send a link to the forum post you are referring to so maybe we can find some clarification? It almost seems as if these are referring to a performance clutch wit the size difference we are finding.

Lastly.. my response: "The GTI Clutch Thread" on the golfmk7 forum in the first few pages talks about this kit having a 340mm disc. It was first published in like 2015. ShopDAP also has a page on their website talking about how the kit (same aforementioned part number) has a 340mm disc and then people buy a different Sachs disc that's 240mm. I emailed ShopDAP yesterday too; no response yet. Link here: https://www.shopdap.com/07k-141-015-bx.html
I was just thinking that maybe over the years the kit has changed to include a 240mm disc instead because GTI owners would rather not buy 2 discs"

I've spoken to FCP via email and Europarts via phone - both state the disc is 240mm but neither know if it works for GTI. No email response yet from ShopDAP, but maybe i can get Paul to comment (
Paul@DeutscheAutoParts)

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
How many miles do you have on your TTRS now ? How much lighter is it than when you first installed it?

Maybe 10K? Yes, it really did drop in how heavy it was at first. Your foot also gets used to it.

I also noticed that when I flushed the brake system, the fluid that came out of the bleeder block was milky.... once I flushed that until it ran pure green, the force required to press the clutch also dropped, so that could have had an affect.

I assume it was lube from the TOB that caused this.

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
Maybe 10K? Yes, it really did drop in how heavy it was at first. Your foot also gets used to it.

I also noticed that when I flushed the brake system, the fluid that came out of the bleeder block was milky.... once I flushed that until it ran pure green, the force required to press the clutch also dropped, so that could have had an affect.

I assume it was lube from the TOB that caused this.

aah so we might want to bleed out the system again after some drive time?

We should find out if we can get a DMF from FCP? so the whole system is life time warrantied.. lol

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
I would. Doesnt hurt anyways. I was at 70K and 3 years, so I flushed the system. For a 3 year old car with 70K the whole system was quite clean. Other than the Milky color, the rest of the brakes had very little color change.

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
Louis II,

I'm interested in what the kit would look like using both of these TTRS pressure plate, Sachs Disc and hardware. Admittedly we haven't done one of these ourselves. But I have been reviewing the parts lists and it looks like there is some conflicting information on the pressure plate and disc needed to make it work.

Part number 07K141015BX is coming up by all listings as a 240mm LUK package, minus the slave/release bearing (so just the plate and cover). So to get a better understanding what I will do is this.

I will order up all the components in the DIY kit and an original MK7 GTI clutch (for comparison), that way I can figure out what pieces are needed and see if I can sort just getting in a pressure plate alone (so there would be no need to have duplicates). I don't know if you can wait on the job, nor am I implying you have to get the parts for the kit through us. But I would like to sort out the needed components for the job cause it seems popular.

I will hop back in and chime in once I have everything in hand and get them listed on the site.

I will tag the kit Louis II also to spot it on the site. Sorry we did not have an answer right away for you on this but I will see about sorting it out as soon as all the pieces come in. Might take a few days.

That would be awesome MikerFCP.. That does seem to be the part everyone is using. We just couldn't understand why sites are showing different disc sizes. Can you guys get the Dual Mass Flywheels?

Last edited: