GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official DIY TTRS Clutch Kit

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
Installed everything, for the disc ordered #03G141031P oem from the dealer (i work there so it was cheaper). Howver now the Clutch will not disengage, or go into gear when turned on. Is the disc wrong for the pressure plate? Very confused and need to get this done!! Please some suggestions if possible. Used every part number..

Disc installed backwards.

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
Axle bolts are triple square, make sure you have a clutch alignment tool.

Perfect, thanks. I have M4-M20 triple squares, and the clutch alignment tool, so I should be set. Everything else looks like your basic sockets.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
Perfect, thanks. I have M4-M20 triple squares, and the clutch alignment tool, so I should be set. Everything else looks like your basic sockets.

No problem. This car is really easy to do the clutch on. If I had to do it again, I could get this done in 4 hours tops.

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
So my pressure plate and TOB came today from FCP. When I opened it up to see if it was the right parts and they were in good condition from shipping, I noticed the PP has small scratches all over the surface. They are very small, but they are in 4-5 places around the contact surface.

I also noticed on the TOB that the top and the bottom of the contact surface with the spring looks like it has been ground down??? Are these okay to use still? Pictures too big to attach, so please click below to see them.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jItu5Ayif7Auu93z1

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
TOB looks normal. The PP, I don't think it will be detrimental but I would try to contact FCP and get a replacement. It should have be free of any defects.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
So my pressure plate and TOB came today from FCP. When I opened it up to see if it was the right parts and they were in good condition from shipping, I noticed the PP has small scratches all over the surface. They are very small, but they are in 4-5 places around the contact surface.

I also noticed on the TOB that the top and the bottom of the contact surface with the spring looks like it has been ground down??? Are these okay to use still? Pictures too big to attach, so please click below to see them.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jItu5Ayif7Auu93z1

My TOB came the same way, just think this is how it looks now haha. The PP should have been completely smooth. If you are nto in any sort of rush I would wait. Not sure it would really cause any problems though.

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
Here is a list of all the bolts and what they are for (the ones I could remember) for anyone that needs it. These are TTY or should be replaced when removed:

N10770701: Transmission Mount Bolt
N10699401: Dogbone Mount (ECS Kit ES#2951952)
N91201001: Dogbone Mount (ECS Kit ES#2951952)
N91167101: Dogbone Mount (ECS Kit ES#2951952)
N10552404: 2x Transmission Mount Bolt
N90847002: 3x TOB Bolt
N10699701: 4x Transmission Mount Bolt
N90320701: 6x Pressure Plate Bolt
615-006: Spindle/Axle bolt (Kit comes with 2)
3419743: Clutch Alighment tool

Let me know if I screwed something up, or missed something. All of this was $42 from ECS and free shipping. Better price than the premade ones.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
I thought the axles bolts that are on the differential flanges are TTY? I only removed the axles from the flanges, not the spindles.

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
This one?
N90991102

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Here is a list of all the bolts and what they are for (the ones I could remember) for anyone that needs it. These are TTY or should be replaced when removed:

N10770701: Transmission Mount Bolt
N10699401: Dogbone Mount (ECS Kit ES#2951952)
N91201001: Dogbone Mount (ECS Kit ES#2951952)
N91167101: Dogbone Mount (ECS Kit ES#2951952)
N10552404: 2x Transmission Mount Bolt
N90847002: 3x TOB Bolt
N10699701: 4x Transmission Mount Bolt
N90320701: 6x Pressure Plate Bolt
615-006: Spindle/Axle bolt (Kit comes with 2)
3419743: Clutch Alighment tool

Let me know if I screwed something up, or missed something. All of this was $42 from ECS and free shipping. Better price than the premade ones.

I read 2x N10552404 as well and that's what I ordered. I ended up needing to re-use one since 3x were required.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I read 2x N10552404 as well and that's what I ordered. I ended up needing to re-use one since 3x were required.
I'm about to reuse all of them since I had to pull the tranny right away from a faulty slave assembly.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

augiec

Passed Driver's Ed
The RSR Clutch kit crank torque holds:
480 ft/lbs
650 Nm
With that most of the Stage 2 guys and I think IS38 should be good to go.

I have this kit (http://www.hstuning.com/product_info.php?products_id=5581), and it worked fine on my FBO IS38 GTI with JB4 and meth. My last dyno with that setup was 342hp/340tq. I then switched tunes to 5150 Cobb, and my clutch is slipping during logging runs @5k rpm in 3rd. This setup is tempting, but I'm not sure it'll hold up to repeated beatings. Has anyone with similar mods had this clutch for a while with better results than mine?

Last edited: