GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Most annoying thing about your GTI

slow12s

Ready to race!
The sunroof shade in my MK7 is driving me nuts. Over time it opens up on its own, caused by small bumps in the road which cause it to inch open. After about 20 minutes of driving, it is open about a quarter of the way, and it is incredibly annoying to keep closing it on a bright hot day.

Mine does the same thing and it drives me nuts as well...I've noticed mine doesn't close as much as I would expect it to...it runs into a rubber gasket when I leave the sunroof open and try to close the sunroof shade so I can see what's going on. There is a very small gap of light that I can see from my position in the drivers seat (not big enough to let light in, but enough to bother me...it seems like the shade should snap in place or go an extra 1/2-1" further than it does)...I'm going in for my first oil change in the next week along with the MIB2 update and am going to ask them to look at the sunroof shade...not sure if this will do any good though, I will report back if they can figure anything out

bdashrad

Passed Driver's Ed
The seat/door pillar/steering wheel geometry makes it tough for me as a small person to get in and out of my 4 door without having rubbing the seat or scuffing the steering wheel. My steering wheel already has scuffs and scratches and my car only has 4K miles on it. I also doing like that the steering wheel leather is a soft leather because of this.

I have the same issue. If I'm not careful i scratch the wheel and then I get so sad. :(

bdashrad

Passed Driver's Ed
Also the red LED strip in the door sill on the passenger side just stopped working randomly. Have to bring it to the dealer but wondering what kind of shit i'll get for euro switch and ed's reps being "related".

Mine does the same thing and it drives me nuts as well...I've noticed mine doesn't close as much as I would expect it to...it runs into a rubber gasket when I leave the sunroof open and try to close the sunroof shade so I can see what's going on. There is a very small gap of light that I can see from my position in the drivers seat (not big enough to let light in, but enough to bother me...it seems like the shade should snap in place or go an extra 1/2-1" further than it does)...I'm going in for my first oil change in the next week along with the MIB2 update and am going to ask them to look at the sunroof shade...not sure if this will do any good though, I will report back if they can figure anything out

Please update us to what your dealer says, but I already had mine take a look at the sunroof shade the last time I was in. They said it would involve taking out the headliner, and even with that out they couldn't guarantee a fix. The result would probably be some increased rattles, and the fitment of the headliner wouldn't be as good as from the factory. I just told them to forget it since headliner rattles would drive me even crazier.

Also, how do you know if your car needs a MIB2 update? I have a 2016 and have never had the infotainment updated.

slow12s

Ready to race!
Please update us to what your dealer says, but I already had mine take a look at the sunroof shade the last time I was in. They said it would involve taking out the headliner, and even with that out they couldn't guarantee a fix. The result would probably be some increased rattles, and the fitment of the headliner wouldn't be as good as from the factory. I just told them to forget it since headliner rattles would drive me even crazier.

Also, how do you know if your car needs a MIB2 update? I have a 2016 and have never had the infotainment updated.

I got something from VW in the mail in Feb that has just been sitting on my desk "Customer Satisfaction Campaign 91Q1 Modular Infotainment System Software Update Certain 2017 Model Year Volkswagen Golf, GTI, Golf SportWagen and Golf Alltrack"...not going to type the whole thing out, but looks like it's just for 2017's (which seems a little weird...maybe call your dealer and ask if there is a mib2 update available for your car?)...i'll report back if i hear anything about the sun shade

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
If somebody could design a door hinge that has 3 stops, that would be awesome. The first notch isn't quite enough unless you're parked really tight, and fully opened is like 90 degrees. Admittedly, it is nice the door opens so far, but a stop somewhere in the middle is needed.

I did a DIY on this. http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31902 Not only a second stop, but the first stop goes from 11" to 13".

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
The washer fluid alert is constantly harassing me! Yes I got the damn message. Give me a chance to go the auto parts store.

IBFreeman

Ready to race!
A noise from inside of the d-side door as if something is loose. More apparent after it rains.

Maybe there's a nipple that needs to be sliced off like the Mk4s did for the sunroof drainage?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Probably mentioned numerous times....creaking sunroof and window...

Crack them open a bit and there's no noise. PIA

alderran1

Ready to race!
You want to sue VW bc they installed a fake cabin noise inducer on the car you bought? Disabling it isn't enough?? I don't get the hate. I keep my car in individual mode, with steering set to sport and engine set to normal and appreciate a slightly more grunty note on the inside. It's not "loud" by any means...

It's fake which is super annoying. Like I said one factor in buying a car is sound. Obviously VW thinks so or they wouldn't fake the sound. If they fake the sound without telling the customer then they are cheating their customers. It's fraud

king12sky

Ready to race!
The insanely delicate piano black plastic trim on the B-pillars. Polished em twice to perfection in 10,000miles, can't tell again. No matter how I wash them, how light of pressure I apply, scratches are induced.

I think before the next time I polish them, I will be putting PPF on them. It's the only way.

I hit them with M105 & M205 today. Boy those scratches are a PiTA. I nags. Get most out but e deeper ones will be there I guess.