GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS JB Stage 1 Released

bdashrad

Passed Driver's Ed
George, the unit i got from Brian (Jst Performance) on the facebook group seems to already have map 6, but also map 7 and 8 if i remember right from looking at the app. I can double check, but does this sound right, or should I get an update?

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Not yet. We working on it. The car could do with a bit more boost at the top. We also working on a alternate solution to speed things up for that.

No map 6 for 1.8t engine right?

Yes! More boost on top.

Haha, you know we won't complain about more boost on top! The MK7 models have such different boost profiles stock, having map 6 is going to be a godsend for us as well. I agree that it made perfect sense to keep map 1 as it is at +4.8 PSI. It seems to service all MK7's equally well, and safely. Once you step it up past +5 PSI, the GTI, R, and 1.8t seem to want their own tweaks, as well as their drivers LOL. Can't wait to see how this goes.

P.S. with the flexibility and lack of other tuning options for the 1.8t (APR is the only game in town), you would think these things would start getting really popular with the 1.8t.

P.S.S. Ton, how is the DP coming along...do you have an install date planned yet?

Yomny1

Ready to race!
Not sure if this is a feature of the JB1 but wanted to know if adjusts anything as far as throttle sensitivity/mapping goes. I read through the first few pages and didn't find anything. I mostly want to get rid of the lag or having to push the gas pedal half way through or more to get moving. :cool:
Thanks

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
Not sure if this is a feature of the JB1 but wanted to know if adjusts anything as far as throttle sensitivity/mapping goes. I read through the first few pages and didn't find anything. I mostly want to get rid of the lag or having to push the gas pedal half way through or more to get moving. :cool:
Thanks

No, but it doesn't feel as laggy because the boost onset happens faster lower RPMs. Sport mode adjusts throttle map so if you drive in Normal mode, but want more throttle reponse, use individual mode with everything set normal except change engine to sport.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
In terms of throttle response the JB1 does not change anything, I have ordered a Remus Responder to decrease pedal lag. I should have it installed fairly quickly after I receive it.

GTIBEN

Ready to race!
In terms of throttle response the JB1 does not change anything, I have ordered a Remus Responder to decrease pedal lag. I should have it installed fairly quickly after I receive it.

Any particular reason you went with Remus over the other throttle remapper options?

I am satisified with the power the JB1 added but I'd be interested in a throttle remapper especially to improve the throttle effort/response at low speeds (this car struggles in first and 2nd in traffic below 10 mph)and also when engaging into 1st gear.

I have the pedal max for my 15 Stang GT and it greatly woke it up in the part/mid throttle area. The 5.0 is powerful but soft down low.

Last edited:

thewanted

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Porsche Macan
My JB1 arrived today. Took one day to get to Texas with Express shipping. :D

Cannot wait to get it installed!

Yomny1

Ready to race!

Let me know how that goes, really interested in decreasing this lag. It's taken me a while to get used to it.