GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

High pitch sound

Euro Ted

Passed Driver's Ed
I am starting to hear a high pitch sound at certain loads and rpm’s. Like 3rd gear around 2600 with light acceleration I’ll hear this sound. And then like 4th gear around 2100rpm. And I’m not in boost, only like maybe 15% throttle.

Should I be worried about this ?

Mk7.5 Golf R with 1100km on it

m3lonbr3ad

Ready to race!
Do you have an aftermarket transmission mount? Or other mounts? DSG or manual?

Euro Ted

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you have an aftermarket transmission mount? Or other mounts? DSG or manual?

It’s a stick and nothing has been done to the car. (1,100km) I’m bringing my car in next week for them to replace my screen so not sure if I should get this checked out. Got my jb4 so want to make sure the car is okay before I go ahead with this

reallypeacedoff

Ready to race!
You sure it isn't the waste gate actuator? Is it like a metallic metal sound? There is a thread or two around here about it. Considered normal though, usually can only hear it under 3k rpm with minimal accelerator pedal input.

Euro Ted

Passed Driver's Ed
Update:
Had to take my car to get my screen fixed and while I had it there I had the foreman come drive with me to hear these sounds and I guess it’s normal, he didn’t say much about it. Guess it’s just noise that the transmission makes which is fine.

Danosaurus

Ready to race!
Update:
Had to take my car to get my screen fixed and while I had it there I had the foreman come drive with me to hear these sounds and I guess it’s normal, he didn’t say much about it. Guess it’s just noise that the transmission makes which is fine.

Glad to hear you got it sorted!

As for your screen - damn! I'm still waiting for them to call me for mine (part is on backorder here in Toronto).

How is the new screen? Did they do a good job at not knicking/scuffing up the inside/dash area while replacing yours?