GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rabbit Edition price too high?

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Former car sales person here. Work with OTD numbers only if you know exactly where you want to be and the numbers are broken down.

I know I don’t want to be at 31k, and I know that the dealer that I got this price from is not very aggressive, thus I can certainly get it down ?

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
My GTI salesperson (all online) did OTD. I was OK with it as I knew what my trade in was worth and what TTL should be (+/- approx $100-200). How they adjusted their numbers to make it happen didn't matter as long as the OTD was what they said. I do know they ended up giving me the number I wanted on my trade and didn't charge any conveyance/dealer fees. I got a good deal ( just over $5K off sticker/high wholesale on my trade) and it was easy-peasy.

Scala

Ready to race!
On January 12 there still is no 2019 GTI to be found in Florida. On the subject of the 2019 R, the one I want, my dealer is told that new cars won't be shipped as long as there there are unsold 2018 R cars in the US.
I replaced my STI with a GTI two years ago and now I'm regretting it big time. Were it not for the dealer installed APR III+ and the DSG I'd be going back to the Subaru brand.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Subarus are fun, but the GTI/R as a daily driver is a much better place to spend my time.

I had a 2011 wrx that had a Perrin TMIC, intake, tune, 3 port etc. There was so much body roll with that car, it was beyond ridiculous. In fact, my first 2 mods were stop tech brake pads, and SS lines, because they were so horrible too. I never replaced the sway bars. I sold the car after getting tired of dumping money into it. Either way, the GTI is a much better bang for the buck. The wrx still has only the mt or a CVT... really? Crappy trans. The sti? Yeah, different animal, but even that car will beat the shit out of you on daily rides. Stage 2 on a GTI with an intake and DP is beyond enough on an is20. Now with the 2019 having the upgraded brakes, locking differential, and an already great handling car out of the box, it’s really no comparison.

Scala

Ready to race!
We don't disagree. As I said the convenience of the Dealer installed APR stages and the DSG transmission place the GTI and particularly the R way above the rest except for a few megabucks Audis.
If only VWA would deliver the cars instead of having them pooped upon by the seagulls in the various ports of entry.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Well, if anyone is interested, I have a best price of 29,4 OTD with 6% Md sales tax, 895 destination fee, etc. I will post the rest of the price breakdown later. I haven’t made things final yet, but I’m working on it.

Will be 2019, RE, DSG, cornflower blue with monster mats.

wantone

Ready to race!
Well, if anyone is interested, I have a best price of 29,4 OTD with 6% Md sales tax, 895 destination fee, etc. I will post the rest of the price breakdown later. I haven’t made things final yet, but I’m working on it.

Will be 2019, RE, DSG, cornflower blue with monster mats.

What is RE?