GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mobile 1 Rebate $12/5qts

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Mobile 1 rebate started on 8/1 thru 10/31, $12/5qts. Mobil 1 0W40 has builder approval for VW 502 00 and VW 505 00 and per Exxon Mobile meets VW 503 01.

Walmart is not listed as participating dealer; however, the only specifically mentioned as excluded was Amazon. Mobile 1 0W40 is $22.88 for 5 quarts at Walmart.

Details and redemption is here: https://apfco.com/secure/R9798W/

RogueGTI

Ready to race!
Interesting. They just had the same deal in the spring. I bought several jugs of the Euro 0w40, which has been good stuff. And the deal is exceptional. Still waiting on my rebate actually, been 4 weeks now since submission. Hmm...

Really, this pricing is so good, it really makes me wonder what the catch is here. Maybe they've been fleecing people for a while...

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Walmart is almost never listed, but I've done this rebate 4 times and never had an issue using a receipt from there.

Last time I did Pep Boys because they had it selling for the same price as Walmart. Don't think they were listed either.

Nice timing. I just did both of our MK7s and am down to a single 5L jug left. Time to get 2 more.

Last edited:

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
Hmm. if that's the case I may try ;-) Walmart has them on rollback right now. I got a TON of 1qt's from the last deal, so that I can just buy a few 5 qt jugs and have the full 6qt's for each oil change (7,000 miles). I also get the 5qt with oil filter to get teh $17 rebate, but i use the oil filter for my other car :)

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
I will also agree with the others above, I have done this same rebate with Walmart and never had an issue.

20ls01

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI 2016
M1 takes walmart. Ive done it many times without issues.

I have a few jugs already for the next couple of oil changes otherwise i would buy more!

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
so I went to Wmart this AM I rarely go but price/just down street from work and most important my gift card. 5:30 in the morning so it's quick in & out. Everything was great till I got to work and realized I didn't use my gift card.....

:(

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
Interesting. They just had the same deal in the spring. I bought several jugs of the Euro 0w40, which has been good stuff. And the deal is exceptional. Still waiting on my rebate actually, been 4 weeks now since submission. Hmm...

Really, this pricing is so good, it really makes me wonder what the catch is here. Maybe they've been fleecing people for a while...

My local store runs this manufacturer special about 4-5 times a year. Normal price for 0w-40 is $7.99Q. Sale price w/o rebate is usually $6.49Q.

Currently on sale for $6.79 w/rebate.

No catch, they run this rebate all the time. The quasi-catch is many people see the net cost and run out and buy, and then many forget to send in the rebate or don't send it according to the instructions.

I read a statistic one time on the average number of rebates either not sent in or sent in too late. Don't remember the specific number, but it was quite high like close to 40%.

So that's the catch.......bold advertising of the net cost reeling people in knowing a high % of people will fail to use the rebate.

It also helps turn inventory quicker.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
and a thx bump...got my $24 in the mail today. worked out to be $11/12 per jug after tax.....great price.

Mud