GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Houston VW owners

wlfpck

Ready to race!
Recently moved from Ohio to Houston. Also traded my MK6 for a MK7.

Anyone else around the Houston area? There were a lot of clubs up in Ohio for VW. Haven't seen anything on this forum so figured I'd ask. :D

Miguel1

Ready to race!
Recently moved from Ohio to Houston. Also traded my MK6 for a MK7.

Anyone else around the Houston area? There were a lot of clubs up in Ohio for VW. Haven't seen anything on this forum so figured I'd ask. :D

I'm from North Houston but I go to school in Dallas. I'd love to meet someone else with a MK7 GTI. I'm also going to be getting an Injen CAI soon and you're welcome to look at it if you please.

wlfpck

Ready to race!
I'm in SE houston. Still debating the stage 1 tune... Only place around only does APR so either need to do APR or do the uniconnect unitronic tune. Other options are the JNB4 or the Neuspeed. Guess I'll be researching more during Thanksgiving.

Miguel1

Ready to race!
I'm in SE houston. Still debating the stage 1 tune... Only place around only does APR so either need to do APR or do the uniconnect unitronic tune. Other options are the JNB4 or the Neuspeed. Guess I'll be researching more during Thanksgiving.
From what I've noticed, Uniconnect is the way to go. APR lost my business with the exhaust thing?

scott091981

I am waiting on UNI to release the 1.8 tune. the APR strikes me as a bit much for just a tune, more power than i need - UNI seems more within the range i am comfortable with and i like the idea of being able to flash back to stock from my home.

scott091981

From what I've noticed, Uniconnect is the way to go. APR lost my business with the exhaust thing?

I second that. they should have owned it - apologized and offered full refunds or atleast a heavy discount.

Pretty poorly handled, sad because i was very impressed with the company up until that.

wlfpck

Ready to race!

I think I may just do the Neuspeed or JNB4. In terms of exhaust, I'll probably get Magnaflow like I did with my MK6. Especially since I get it at wholesale price.