GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VTT Stage 2 update / Torture Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

vw671

Autocross Newbie
I think you guys are lost in your own world here. Here lets backtrack a little bit... ALL DATA/TESTING BEFORE EVERYTHING. That is how we roll. Once we had proof of concept, we went into the lab, and worked and worked, and worked on fine tuning the unit, and getting the details right until we arrived here. NOT the other way around...

All the data, and testing you can shake a stick at.

Initial thread with testing on various tuning methods, and fuels:
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35215&highlight=VTT+Stage

Once we got serious and had UM tune it: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37294&highlight=VTT+Stage

10 second passes anyone: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38259&highlight=VTT+Stage

After the initial testing, our second sample which we put on the dyno picked up spool, and ran a faster 60-130: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42764&highlight=VTT+Stage

To the people saying the unit is "salesy" and has no data behind it, incorrect

Maybe I should have worded it differently... My point as a customer, in-house tests of a pre-production unit is all good and all but I really prefer to see production units on customer cars and their feedback to support vendor claims that's all.

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
Maybe I should have worded it differently... My point as a customer, in-house tests of a pre-production unit is all good and all but I really prefer to see production units on customer cars and their feedback to support vendor claims that's all.
My answer to that is this. LOTS of other hybrid options on customer cars, where all the 10 sec passes, 7 second 60-130 times, 1/2 mile runs etc. I do not see much backing up of their claims, and they are selling units left, and right and getting it on customer cars. We may be testing production samples, but nothing is changing majorly wheel or flow wise, we are just fine tuning the units to maximize flow, so if anything the final production units will outperform the results we already have. We saw it going from sample 1 to sample 2. Same power picked up 300RPM of spool, we expect the same going from V2 to production units.

tytus1994

Ready to race!
My answer to that is this. LOTS of other hybrid options on customer cars, where all the 10 sec passes, 7 second 60-130 times, 1/2 mile runs etc. I do not see much backing up of their claims, and they are selling units left, and right and getting it on customer cars. We may be testing production samples, but nothing is changing majorly wheel or flow wise, we are just fine tuning the units to maximize flow, so if anything the final production units will outperform the results we already have. We saw it going from sample 1 to sample 2. Same power picked up 300RPM of spool, we expect the same going from V2 to production units.
Maybe you should work on customer service and not come across as an @$$hole. I personally value that a lot more. I'm glad you made a product and are really proud of it but how you respond to people and talk about other vendor's products is horrific. You are limiting the amount of customers you gain because of it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

pieguy

Ready to race!

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
Maybe you should work on customer service and not come across as an @$$hole. I personally value that a lot more. I'm glad you made a product and are really proud of it but how you respond to people and talk about other vendor's products is horrific. You are limiting the amount of customers you gain because of it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I will be honest, and clear here. This forum has been pretty combative, with that in mind, I really am not going to baby anyone. If you can't take the facts that 90% of these turbos are copycat factory housings mass produced and shared with laser engraved names on them, then you can't. If me pointing it out offends you, I also cannot help that.

If you don't want me to point that stuff out. Let's just reduce it to actual real-world results.

We will start a list of these hybrid units with criteria as follows, it has to meet 3 of the 5, and let us know which ones it didn't meet.

Making 520WHP or better with decent spool
Running a 10 sec 1/4 mile pass in a GTI.
Running 155+ in the 1/2 mile
7.X Sec 60-130 times
$3000 or lower

We can start the list here, anyone feel free to post.

1. VTT MQB GC equipped GTI (All 5)

Last edited:

OBP

Go Kart Newbie
I will be honest, and clear here. This forum has been pretty combative, with that in mind, I really am not going to baby anyone. If you can't take the facts that 90% of these turbos are copycat factory housings mass produced and shared with laser engraved names on them, then you can't. If me pointing it out offends you, I also cannot help that.

If you don't want me to point that stuff out. Let's just reduce it to actual real-world results.

We will start a list of these hybrid units with criteria as follows, it has to meet 3 of the 5, and let us know which ones it didn't meet.

7.X Sec 60-130 times
$3000 or lower

I’m not sure why some feel the need to be so combative due to your “style” of posting. I come from the good “ole” days of DSM and those tuners would outright threaten to fight each other.

Bottom line is if you’re reading this thread, in this sub forum, you’re likely interested in one thing, going faster. PERIOD.

What kind of hot rodder gives a flying f*ck about how someone sells their product? But, but muh feelingz??? People these days....

Vargas, the proof will come out with your production models in customers hands. I hope it’s as great as it looks to be. In the end, we all benefit with having competitive products.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R

7.X Sec 60-130 times
$3000 or lower

first off, you turbo doesnt do the things you the thinks you say it does for $3000. add your fueling, custom tune and exhaust components and your are over $6500
an apr kit will outspool you and make about 50whp less on PUMP GAS, done that ( if they had an e85 setup it would blow you out of the water like tylers car did and tyler went 10.2 in 104F temps, you can't touch that
let me know when you make 480whp on 93 pump gas ( no meth) with your turbo. boss500 did that
let me know what you make ,on e85 at 27-28 psi, 480whp on revo is38 did that and outspools you, done that
EQt made 500whp on a 3 bar map with better spool than turbo, let me know when you do that

You are a snake oil salesmans please just do the world a favour and go jump a cliff

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
and don't give me that shit that apr stuff is more expensive cause for $7000 the complete apr package including tune gets you 130mph traps and 10's on PUMP gas. the MPH tells me that they make the same if not more power than your turbos. When their kits first came out there tunes were very conservative ( the opposite of your car) and now with the new updates they are making more power than before

show me a 10 sec slip of yours that has less than $7000k in parts to get there, you can't

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
I’m not sure why some feel the need to be so combative due to your “style” of posting. I come from the good “ole” days of DSM and those tuners would outright threaten to fight each other.

Bottom line is if you’re reading this thread, in this sub forum, you’re likely interested in one thing, going faster. PERIOD.

What kind of hot rodder gives a flying f*ck about how someone sells their product? But, but muh feelingz??? People these days....

Vargas, the proof will come out with your production models in customers hands. I hope it’s as great as it looks to be. In the end, we all benefit with having competitive products.

i give my money to people who deserve my money. not fucking retards like this guy, there of lots of other options out there backed by companies that respects other people

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Dude you’re going off the deep end.

Tyler’s car was a fully built race car.

VTT already posted 10 second slips. I’m sure it’s under $7k considering the turbo is under $2k.

Turbo - $2000
UM tune - $1200
Downpipe - $600
PR LP and MPI - $1200
Intake - $250

Total - $5250

APR’s car has more than that in the engine alone.

You talk about how you only give money to companies that are good to customers and yet you have a boss 500? Odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.