GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Weather tech / Gas pedal problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Weather Tech Mats belong in off road vehicles.

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
So I guess OP caused his own problems as they haven't been back. sometimes it's ok to follow the instructions.

Directions, shmirections. I'm going to self create a problem by not following instructions and then blame the manufacturer either way!

adam1991

Banned
Directions, shmirections. I'm going to self create a problem by not following instructions and then blame the manufacturer either way!

On a public forum. And without disclosing the details up front. "Weathertech mats slide around!" "Well, yeah, of course I didn't use it as stock but instead slipperied up the bottom with my own stuff! It's my OCD!!! And Weathertech is responsible for it!"

And people wonder why threads go the way they go.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
On a public forum. And without disclosing the details up front. "Weathertech mats slide around!" "Well, yeah, of course I didn't use it as stock but instead slipperied up the bottom with my own stuff! It's my OCD!!! And Weathertech is responsible for it!"

You're literally the only one talking about mats having a slippery bottom.

The OP's issue is about being unable to fully depress the gas pedal.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
My Weather tech floor liner stops my gas pedal about 40%...It is Very annoying!!!...Instead of cutting up my floor liners, would the WCT pedal spacer be a good option???

Yes...But my OCD is so High that I have to make a liner out of carpet runners for my WT liner...Done this to all my vehicles in the past...I guess I will remove it in the morning and see if that helps.

My liner I made is under the WT liner...The runner I used is only an 1/8th inch thick...Crazy something that thin is raising the floor mats enough to stop my pedal.

All of OP's posts. No mention of the mats physically moving.

and weather tech floor liner is very slippery when wet. That's why I chose 3D Maxpider liners.

This is the post that confused Adam1991. He thought that Nate704 said the mats move, when he in fact said they were slippery when wet... like most things are. Reading comprehension is very hard for some people, and sometimes people just done goof.

They go the way they go because:
1. you post! :p
2. people would rather beat a dead horse
3. people don't like to say they were wrong

A lot of this going on in another thread. Reading comprehension issues led to hurt feeling led to beating a dead horse, and all due because I think in the end we are talking about different things (factory vs aftermarket). The world is a big place and everyone has and is entitled to their own opinions, but there there is also the factual truth of the matter.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI

roundle1979

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE 6MT
I bought a few hundred dollars worth of WeatherTech mats for my Mazda CX9. My feedback:

*do not fit properly
*smell like super-cheap petro chemical waste
*do not deaden sound like the OEM matts

You're better off with the OEM matts.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
So you say this as a self-professed "expert" at being a consumer?

You are literally no different. Dollars to donuts I'm more of a Prosumer than you are. You didn't even know there was a word for it. What you are is a WT fanboi.

Edit: At this point I can't tell if Adam is the heckler or I am.

Last edited:

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
How did this thread turn into such a shit flinging masterpiece in such short time? OP asked why his gas pedal did not fully operate and it was found out he installed them incorrectly or added carpet somewhere. And it has turned into... This? Calm your tits boys, this deserves a lock.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
How did this thread turn into such a shit flinging masterpiece in such short time? OP asked why his gas pedal did not fully operate and it was found out he installed them incorrectly or added carpet somewhere. And it has turned into... This? Calm your tits boys, this deserves a lock.

A shit storm is brewing Randy, the shit hawks are circling.

adam1991

Banned
You are literally no different. Dollars to donuts I'm more of a Prosumer than you are.

Who said anything about "prosumer"? That word's been around for a long time, but I never once thought of floor mats as being "professional" equipment in any way, shape, or form.

Nice attempt at diverting attention away from the discussion at hand, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.