GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI November Incentives 11/1/18

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Can you explain the options above more? Not sure I understand - definitely was told only APR was incentives.. so they are holding that 2k to their chest?

VW never publish their dealer incentives unlike other OEMs (say BMW). So many of their dealers will not publically acknowledge their incentives. Their selling price might or might not include this incentive based on how aggressive their sale is.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Can you explain the options above more? Not sure I understand - definitely was told only APR was incentives.. so they are holding that 2k to their chest?

The cash incentives shown above are not published, but as a general rule, if you see a car on a dealer's website that shows they're giving you a discount, it's the dealer/APR cash that they're passing along. However, because the incentives aren't paid to the customer, they cannot be disclosed as such. Some manufacturers offer incentive cash that is paid to the consumer, VW does not, so for legal reasons the dealer cannot disclose it as a consumer incentive (there are reasons, but you won't really find it interesting). In short, if you're negotiating a price, whatever the dealer or APR cash is, you should ask for all of it, if they're not already advertising a $2000 discount.

jseaf

Appreciate you posting this info every month! Very helpful as I'm preparing to get into a '18 in the next month or so...

heelntoe

i wanna go fast
Will dealers ever offer lease incentives for the 2018 R now that we are near the end of the year? or do they just wait it out.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Will dealers ever offer lease incentives for the 2018 R now that we are near the end of the year? or do they just wait it out.
Dealers don't offer incentives, VW does. And VW never offers any incentives on Golf R.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Shane, do you happen to know Dec incentives?

The programs released on 11/1 have an end date of 1/2/19, and have not been updated since. If we see any additional cash, I'll post it here, but I don't anticipate it, since their recent sales push has been focused on other models.

Ketchup

Passed Driver's Ed
All VW/VCI Incentives are valid 11/1/18-1/2/19:

2018 GTI:

Dealer Cash: $2000 (Cash, Bank/CU financing or VCI Std APR only)

Special APR: 1.9%/60mo, 2.9%/72mo, 3.4%/84mo, $1000 VCI APR Dealer Bonus Cash

Dealers 1st choice: +1% to Special APR, $1500 VCI APR Dealer Bonus Cash

Dealers 2nd choice: +2% to Special APR, $2000 VCI APR Dealer Bonus Cash

I understand the "Dealer Cash" part when you bring your own financing or "cash".

What dictates the "Dealers 1st" and "Dealers 2nd" choice for the APR part?

Assuming you use VW Credit, does this mean they 'could' take $1500 off and increase the VW credit APR by +1% (and the 2nd by 2%)?

Is it just arbitrary on what they feel like doing?

Thanks for the info!!

cb1111

I understand the "Dealer Cash" part when you bring your own financing or "cash".

Assuming you use VW Credit, does this mean they 'could' take $1500 off and increase the VW credit APR by +1% (and the 2nd by 2%)? Kinda-sorta

Is it just arbitrary on what they feel like doing?

Thanks for the info!!
The rates are mandated by credit score - but - if your scores are very good, you could, in theory, pay the extra point and take the money - but you'd be foolish to do so. On a $30k loan, each point is about $1000 over the life of the loan.

If your credit is over 740 then you qualify for the 1.9%. As your score decreases, you would qualify for the 1st choice and then the 2nd choice.

Ketchup

Passed Driver's Ed
The rates are mandated by credit score - but - if your scores are very good, you could, in theory, pay the extra point and take the money - but you'd be foolish to do so. On a $30k loan, each point is about $1000 over the life of the loan.

If your credit is over 740 then you qualify for the 1.9%. As your score decreases, you would qualify for the 1st choice and then the 2nd choice.

Thanks for the info! Credit score is currently @ 832

So I'g get the special rate and $1000 to decrease the car's cost?

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG

All 3 programs are for Tier 1 credit. The theoretical advantage is if you plan to pay of the loan early or if you're financing a smaller amount, but I think the payments work out roughly the same at that point.