GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Paint Sux

ogrisker

Ready to race!
I'm beginning to notice that this paint on my car sux. used my thumbnail to scrape some pollen off my roof and that left some small scratches in the paint! WTF?!

Never had this experience with any of my other cars, and I had a few...

maybe because its a dark color???

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
I'm beginning to notice that this paint on my car sux. used my thumbnail to scrape some pollen off my roof and that left some small scratches in the paint! WTF?!

Never had this experience with any of my other cars, and I had a few...

maybe because its a dark color???
Yes, it is very soft stuff, and not very level either.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
It’s sucks. If your thumbnail can do that, imagine what rocks can do. Never had this problem on my other cars either which were also dark colors. My car is riddled with rock chips and nicks.

Seems to be luck of the draw though. Others claim their paint jobs are perfectly fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sbarrett4

Ready to race!
I've found the paint on my 2016 to be more prone to scratches/blemishes/swirls than any of my previous VW's. Just means a little more TLC when cleaning to try to correct them.

ogrisker

Ready to race!
"I scratched at my paint and it left scratches, WTF?!"

Funny,

Not sure what you were expecting, dude?

Well, I'm not a complete "tard" nor am I Freddy Kruger. I may know my way around car care. It's the soft paint.

Same action on my Sequoia or Subaru does not yield the same results, no scratches on those paint jobs...

I just have to be more careful I guess :(

GTI_Guy13

Passed Driver's Ed
I'll concur on the paint sucking! I thought it was bad on my 13 GTI, but it's ridiculous on my 15 R. I know I'm in a whole other category since it's Lapiz Blue, but damn it's awful! I've already written off any future VW's being Lapiz Blue because of my current one.