GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Twist's 7.3 60-130 Project

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
It still amazes me what a well tuned IS20 can do. I honestly miss mine. Ah well big turbo coming in the spring as well. I will probably do eqt

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
It still amazes me what a well tuned IS20 can do. I honestly miss mine. Ah well big turbo coming in the spring as well. I will probably do eqt

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Honestly they're so fun on the street. They're great for tq launches and 2-3rd gear pulls but the top end is pretty horrific. Especially with Apr tunes which make my car feel supercharged in the first three gears.

I think I'm leaning towards eqt as well. Gonna update the thread with some product experiences and then dkm will probably be my next big install. EQT and Cobb after that. Honestly I look forward to Cobb data logging display and logging the most!

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Thinking about buying the turbo smart plumb back and re use on the EQT. I read somewhere the springs don't like high boost though or something?

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
When I first installed these. I didn't realize I put in the trans mount super askew. I think doing these right are a little more complicated than people realize. There are a lot of alignment nuances that I think most diyers miss when trying to do these at home.

That being said when I went to do it again the right way, I realized vw put a semi alignment circle I to the unused circle on the amount. This circle should sit in the exact middle of the mount. Mine was preloaded off to one side and caused some issues over time. Also, the engine mount block should be exactly 10mm from the frame with the mount perfectly parallel.

Attachments

• IMG_20181110_194315.jpg
    IMG_20181110_194315.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 314

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Adding a vibrant resonator and ers12 plugs to the mix. Apr downpipe, cts tmd, magnaflow catback. I'll try to get some sound clips with the vibrant. It sounds great as it jist a little raspy.

Attachments

• IMG_20181113_184123.jpg
    IMG_20181113_184123.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 307

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Best of luck dude.

Been there though, done that. 7.3 on the EQT won't happen as that is equivalent to a 133-135mph 1/4 trap, and on 34psi with my Boss 600 I was 7.9 with no seats, lightweight wheels and battery. I've also tuned virtually all of the turbo setups on the platform. You need much larger.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Best of luck dude.

Been there though, done that. 7.3 on the EQT won't happen as that is equivalent to a 133-135mph 1/4 trap, and on 34psi with my Boss 600 I was 7.9 with no seats, lightweight wheels and battery. I've also tuned virtually all of the turbo setups on the platform. You need much larger.

Pmd for advice

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Installed an Is38 last night. Threw on the APR is38 test pipe file.

v1.2

Couldn't pass up a really good deal for a placeholder until something bigger comes around.

So long is20.

btw, the is38 makes WAY more tq than the is20 if tuned right it seems.