GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Exterior color ~ help me flip a coin...

jplrk

First post here and it's a simple one. So simple I considered adding it to the "stupid questions" thread. Pretty much just looking for opinions on a couple of exterior colors.

I'm parting ways soon with my 2015 TDI S (buyback program). It's night blue metallic, a color I've really enjoyed. Replacement car will be a 2018 Golf SE, which I'd also planned to get in night blue. Turns out my options have narrowed and I'm now flipping a coin between silk blue and tungsten silver (black interior in either case).

Truth be told, neither color knocks my socks off. I mean, they're fine and hey, first world problems, right? Once I make the decision and have the new car for next to nothing, I'll be good. Just need to make the call. Silk blue for whatever reason doesn't seem like my style, but silver cars are a dime a dozen.

So, help a girl out: arguments for or against either one, please & thank you.

~ Colleen

Last edited:

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
Both excellent choices. I love blue cars, but Tungsten silver looks nice and shiny.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Silver. Hands down. Hides dirt and swirls like crazy... Blue will show both badly, but not as bad as black, naturally.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Silver. Enjoy.

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
Tungsten silver

Silver works well with the lines on this car.
+1
Silver is way too common of a color in most cases but it does help this car pop. Another option is wrap it since you are getting the car relatively cheap. That way you have all the colors you could ever want.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Ladies like silk but I think the silver looks better especially with tinted windows. Could do a gloss black roof to bring out the dark side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Subjectively the best 2 colors (available in the US) for a Golf.

Go Silk Blue. Gorgeous. Then get some gunmetal wheels.
(Not mine. Credit Read the book on Vortex)

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Agreed. Between those colors blue.

I third this motion.

There is nothing wrong with Silver, great color. The blue stands out more, so it really depends what you want. I have a Carbon Steel Gray Metallic Sport model... which so happens to be the most common color I see for GTI's (including just the Sport trim). Make's me wish I went with the Red. I mean I already had notions of doing a crazy wrap before I bought the car, and how common the color is only cemented that idea. I have an awesome shop that will do it for cheap. Just have to choose the wrap. Talking like pink and purple zebra stripes type crazy (just an example, doubtful I would actually do that).