GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Hyper yellow Nokya H15 for the DRLs and Lamin-x yellow covers for the fogs. Not sure how I feel yet but it was like $40 all in so no big deal if I don’t like it. Feedback appreciated. Here’s before and after. Will try to take better photos in the light tomorrow.

This photo is the best I could get with the lights on, but it’s really not representative of real life. The DRLs are much yellower and the fogs almost lime green. I thought they would match but oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rsdgti

Not today, but over the past few weeks made quite a few changes to the MK7, just been too busy to update the forums.

New New:

Installed FactionFab Swept Slot Rotors and F-Spec Pads (F&R):

Installed the P3 Vent Gauge

Got the full COBB Tuning Stage 3 Kit w/ DSG Tuning

Going to be Dyno Testing the car between stages to see improvements, so far have Stage 1 Installed which is the COBB Tuning Accessport V3 and Cold Air Intake.

And got a lot of new photos of GTI.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
very sweet rsdgti! Plans to track or just DD?

I installed a bluetooth module for the JB4! Awesome add-on! should have done it sooner!

codypka

Go Kart Champion
Polished up my exhaust tips using barkeepers friend. Worked like a charm. Tips are all shiny again, at least for a couple days

I also removed my laminx yellow dog light tints. I grew to not like the look so much because the color looks more green than yellow. Removing them leave a nasty sticky mess underneath. I tried using goo gone and windex to remove it woth only moderate sucess. I had to give up cause its just too cold here. Anyone have a tip for getting the rest of this sticky residue off?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Polished up my exhaust tips using barkeepers friend. Worked like a charm. Tips are all shiny again, at least for a couple days

I also removed my laminx yellow dog light tints. I grew to not like the look so much because the color looks more green than yellow. Removing them leave a nasty sticky mess underneath. I tried using goo gone and windex to remove it woth only moderate sucess. I had to give up cause its just too cold here. Anyone have a tip for getting the rest of this sticky residue off?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Lighter fluid

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Did an oil and spark plug change today! One of my first DIY experiences with my car (besides installing the JB4) and I loved it!

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Fixed the alignment of my bfi mounts after the car started making weird noises. No one has mentioned this but vw put an alignment circle that should sit exactly in the middle of the unused mount hole.

Attachments

• IMG_20181110_194315.jpg
    IMG_20181110_194315.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 771

Predatorbird

Ready to race!
Fixed the alignment of my bfi mounts after the car started making weird noises. No one has mentioned this but vw put an alignment circle that should sit exactly in the middle of the unused mount hole.
I don't remember seeing that hole when I installed the trans mount. There was a little notch on the bottom of the mount that set into place, then all of the bolts lined up perfectly.

robby1

Ready to race!
Fitted Pipercross drop in filter, fitted sound deadening pads to inside of boot floor, refitted rear window side spoilers using 3M UHB tape ans fitted side decals :)

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
This was one of the things I asked my dealer to take care of this week, pretty sure they only lubed it. Crazy that some people had the whole assembly replaced only for the issue to return eventually lol.

I know right? I shaved some plastic off with an utility knife and then filed it down a little to smooth it out. No lube required!