GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Twist's 7.3 60-130 Project

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Alright so here it goes. Time to start making some real stupid decisions with the car :D

This thread is going to be updated over the next 6 months. Chronicling my journey from my lowly fbo s2 car to the 500 wheel beast built by yours truly and mustang owner's tears. Hopefully all goes well and this thread can share my experiences trying to push this platform. I've already broken the ots manual 1/4 record and my end time goal now is a dragy confirmed 7.4 60-130, + track 11.3 @ 125-7 on Hoosier 235 slicks.

Current State: Apr S2 Stacked FBO on e20-30, no more meth. Dynoed 352whp and 416wtq on 28 psi, no exhaust or filter and a little meth sae corrected jet (read a little high, we think about 10-12). Weight: 3100 FULL, 2990 Mexico Mode

Goal state: By the end of next summer: Boss600 or EQT Fuijin (decisions, decisions!!) , Dkm Twin Disc Clutch or South bend if they don't get their shit together, autotech HPFP and PR lpfp. I'll probably have ed @ eqt do the tuning at first. If I do not hit my time goals by next fall ill be getting the pr mpi kit and put meth back on her as well.

End dream: 1) To piss off every boosted stang and vette owner in Kentuckiana. 2)480-500whp On e60 and 29-30 psi, sae corrected. 3) Dragy confirmed low 7 60-130

IMG_20181108_185054.jpg
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Interior Mods

Klii wheel emblem inlay german
Carbon fiber door ledge protectors
BFI magma red/black shift knob
DeAuto LED Red footwell lights
GTI rubber monster mats
Carbon fiber sun visor overlays
GTI badgeskinz steering wheel
P3 digital boost gauge analog tap
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Exterior Mods

18" Pretoria's gloss black
Maxton v2 gloss black lip
Golf7 Vinyl
Carbon fiber plate holder
Tint Ceramic 15%
5% windshield sun shade tint
Lighting package
DEAuto carbon fiber inlay front
Pearl Black oem mirror caps - Looking for new ones hit me up!!
Led license plate lights
Red fog light tint from Lamin-X
Badgeskins emblem black overlays
Klii m.w. paintmatch rear inlay
Klii mw wheel center red decals
Uro tuning rear badge matte black
Rear trunk debadged
ECS tuning 4" chrome slant tips
Rear markers tint
Wiper delete rear APR
Gti fast decal
Front light amber side marker tint badgeskinz
Badgeskinz front decals and sides
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Engine, Transmission, Exhaust Mods

APR turbo inlet pipe
CTS Turbo Muffler Delete
Snow Prfm. Meth Kit s2 - off till summer
Apr stage 2 93 Oct v1.02 test pipe
Jb4 +1-2psi , mostly used for meth and logging
Apr downpipe with hiflo cat, wrapped DELava
Apr intake with eventuri duct + my air scoop
Apr carbon fiber intake pipe
Torque Sol. Shifter bushings + nylon washers
Euro s3 Short Shifter
Ecs Ss Line
034 motorsports dog bone mount, still working I think
Apr coolant hose
Clutch assist spring removal
Clutch delay valve removal
Magnaflow Catback (soon to add Jake's resonated section)
Cts df Intercooler and hoses
Cat delete pipe
BFI engine + trans mounts
Vibrant 3" 19250 Resonator
Power flex Hybrid Dogbone lower puck and upper insert

Coding Mods

Urban joke taillights
Fogs on with drl
Turn signal Drl on
Increase Drl to 40 power at night
Turn signal 4 count comfort
Battery and gas quantity
Soundaktor off
High int braking
DRL off on ebrake
Seatbelt alarm deact
Exhaust flap deactivated
Honeycomb Cluster background
Oil temp on cluster, refill quantity
Torque limiter disable
Led license plate code adapt
Starting vibration reduction off
Fog blink with turn signal
Direct controlled throttle

Maintenance

Castro Edge every 5k , rs7 and brisk er12s plugs

Compression 11/2/18

Cyl 1 192
Cyl 2 190
Cyl 3 190
Cyl 4 190

Times:
APR S2 FBO:
60-130 Unconfirmed but probably 9.8-10-ish something?

12.38 @ 117 - Tin can no exhaust or filter or rear. Could not get 60 ft where I wanted. Clutch started to slip but feel car can go faster right now!

Most of my posts will be logging, data placement for my personal storage for others to see and compare, install experiences and product reviews. I will dedicated a post below to the GTIs current kills in Mexico as well :)

Last edited:

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
AVERAGE TIMING ADVANCE on 26-28 PSI

2nd Gear
APR Stage 1 93 3-6, e20 => 4-7
S2 FBO 93 3-6.5, e20+ => 3.5-7/7.5

3rd gear+
Stage 1= 3-5.5
S2 FBO= 3-6, e20=> 2.5-8/9

One of the biggest things that SUCKS with OTS tuning is the timing advance. It is pretty bad. If you want to try to get quick with these tunes, IATs, fuel and supporting mods play a MASSIVE role. APR has quite a bit of knock normally so with bad fuel it's even worse. As you can see ethanol helps a little bit. IC is a must!

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
This will be a fun one to watch Twist.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Mexico Killemanjoro List

Here's the run that made me turn down going is38 a few months ago. These is20s are so fun on the street. Rolling brake boosted launches at 40 make this car pretty stupid 40-90 mph. I did not have dragy at this time but that 40-100 was movin. You can see the car start to die off after 110. No meth, full weight. I think if I was gutted BMW may not have slowly pulled back. 335i Twin Turbos on 18 psi!. Jb custom map 7, full e85, walbro 450, FBO. 475 wheel hp bmw weighing 3400 lbs. He gave me the hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJaXQbAI7c

Mk7 S2 with an insanely slipping clutch vs.

420rwhp Cammed, fbo, CB , heads, 5.7 LS GTO MT

https://youtu.be/shf0K34PJug

330whp Acura TL MT

https://youtu.be/Upkg-IjLhBM

Last edited:

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
I’ll be following your progress. Keep up the good work!

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
The fastest is20 I can find is high 10s 60-130. Very impressed if you could hit 9s

I have hit the border of tens before. If you watch that race with the beamer and his speedo. It's a 10 ish second 60-130 , and I was moving a little quicker 40-110.

Last edited:

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Not very accurate way to do it. Dragy will give you a more accurate number. You have any low 10s Dragy to share?

Totally agree. My only dragy is a 10.90 from when I was running aprs first stage one tune (almost as much boost as their current stage two). 60-130 but my beamer buddy has my dragy until he gets his 62/66 timing buttoned up. I'll try to hit the 9. 9s before eqt or boss.

I will say though Id like to hear from similar cars with their times. I'm curious if it is the fastest ots 6mt but would love to be shown otherwise. It beat the 1/4 by 1.2 seconds and had a lot left in it (clutch was slipping baddd) it did NOT like the slicks . I also think the 60-130 would be the ots record as well but need to confirm and share that here. (Vs. OTS tuned cars, Apr, unitronic, etc..)

I know I have the thing gutted down and run a bit of e/m with the stack so maybe it's unfair to compare though lol

Last edited:

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Are you still on stock clutch? (since DKM clutch is on your list)