GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GOLF MK7 VCDS TWEAKS

allan1229

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 gti
I disabled DSR and took a quick drive. The boosted feeling is gone, I'm a fan.

Now how about TSC? Has anyone tried this out on a higher power GTI?
I disabled DSR last week and it improved the steering feel. Not sure about TSC

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I disabled DSR and took a quick drive. The boosted feeling is gone, I'm a fan.

Now how about TSC? Has anyone tried this out on a higher power GTI?

I haven’t tried it but my car is bone stock ECU with 60k of carbon buildup so torque steer is nothing if not manageable. I like to feel SOME level of “beast” in my little hatchback, lol. When I get Unitronic for a personal xmas gift I’ll try the TSC tweak and compare and get back to this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
I don't understand what there is to improve with the steering feel. I've never said "man the car is just trying to steer away from me all the time". I don't get it.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I don't understand what there is to improve with the steering feel. I've never said "man the car is just trying to steer away from me all the time". I don't get it.

Good for you! Everyone’s car is different. My steering was garbage until i did the DSR off tweak. It’s normal now lol.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Has anyone tried to disable the 'panic brake' assist (the one that tries to throw you through the windshield if you brake a bit harder)?
I've seen someone ask about it, but haven't seen an answer..

You are not smarter than your car.

Disabled the hydraulic brake assist.
I can now brake harder before ABS intervenes.

This time I'm smarter than my car

WhyNotZoidberg?

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2015 TDI
Disabled the hydraulic brake assist.
I can now brake harder before ABS intervenes.

This time I'm smarter than my car

Great!

Now if you could share with the class how you did it, I will be eternally grateful! :)

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
Great!

Now if you could share with the class how you did it, I will be eternally grateful! :)

Also looking for this info. I can't find a security code that allows me to disable this on either my '15 or '17.

Also looking for the code to disable the brake "drying" the standard ABS module code doesn't work for this either.

20103 and 40168 are the only codes I've tried so far that the module accepts but neither solves the "security access required"

WhyNotZoidberg?

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2015 TDI

nonegiven

Go Kart Newbie
Also looking for this info. I can't find a security code that allows me to disable this on either my '15 or '17.

Also looking for the code to disable the brake "drying" the standard ABS module code doesn't work for this either.

20103 and 40168 are the only codes I've tried so far that the module accepts but neither solves the "security access required"

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None

Thanks! 11966 worked to turn off the hydraulic brake assist

Update: Found the ABS module security codes finally! Hopefully this helps someone else! Can't wait to test them out on track!

hydraulic brake assist - 11966
brake disk drying - 40304
straight ahead brake stabilization - 25757

Last edited:
Reactions: q74

lannysh

Hi, I’m new here.
Read almost all the pages about VCDS and only one thing I can’t find:
In the stock mode, the U LED DRLs will go totally dim when the turning light on if its on 0 or auto position. I just want them have the same behaviour as they are on the parking lights position. Means U LED can dim 50% (or whatever percentage but not totally dim) when the turning lights indicate on 0 or auto position.
Any one can help me? Thanks.

yorchz

Hi guys!! Hope someone can give me some guidance in regards this issue.

I have a 16 Mk7 US lighting package so I installed a Euroswitch and now I’m having some issues with the lights behavior.

First issue .- if I set the switch to parking position the interior dashboard lights turn off they came on until I pull the switch to activate the fog lights so any coding to fix this?

Second issue.- if the switch is in parking position and pulled to activate the fog light if I activate the high beams the instrument dashboard lights turn off... if I turn off the high beams the instruments lights came back on.. any ideas or coding to fix this?

Any help would be appreciated guys!!! Thanks [emoji1598]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk